I am new to drupal and I am trying to build an online newspaper. I want to categorize all of my articles using a 'Sections' taxonomy with tags like 'sports', 'politics' etc. I want to build a page for each section where all the articles with the tag of that particular section are displayed. I want the layout and the UI of each section's homepage to be different. How do I go about achieving that? Also, how can I assign a twig template to a page from site administration interface.

Comments

cfox612’s picture

I would first read up on theme debugging, you can turn it on (in a dev environment of course) and it'll give you template suggestions within the code (viewable through the browser). You'll also be able to see the page template that the current node is using, and the alternate naming suggestions. Drupal will use the most specific template in the theme directory.

Now for the actual content you'll want to create view pages as there you'll be able to select the various taxonomy terms and sort accordingly. You can create view templates from the theme as well.