Hi,

Within my page.tpl.php I have a link to a .wav audio file. <a href="silent night1.wav">Play</a>

The path seems to be incorrect. If I have a custom theme called mycustomtheme and a page.tpl.php in it, overriding the core page.tpl.php, with the above link. Where should I put the .wav file? I've tried the mycustomtheme images folder and default/files directory with no luck.

mark

Comments

LarsK’s picture

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want to do with the sound. Must it play as soon you are on the site? Or will it play when someone pushes the play button?

Anyway, the best way to do it, is not to put it directly in your template file. But to make a content type where you can upload your sound. Then you have directly a link to it. You can add a player to it with a module like:

http://drupal.org/project/jplayer

Btw .wav is uncompressed and could be a huge file. .mp3 is a more internet friendly compression.

mmarkym’s picture

Hi,

I've made a content type with a file field type to upload the .wav file but it exceeds 2mb. So I'm trying to set the Max Upload Size within the configuration of the field but it never takes effect when creating a content type and uploading the file. It says the file is to large.

Oh, I would like it not to play when the file opens but when a button is pressed.

mark

LarsK’s picture

Well, like I said before, a .wav file is uncompressed and is a file of 2 minutes music is a lot of MB. So first compress the .wav file to for instance .mp3

Then it will be a lot smaller and good for you to upload.