I'm very impressed with Drupal so far but I'm unsure wether the following is possible or how to approach it.

I want navigation tabs for my site sections (showing currently active section), then in the sidebar the multi-level sub-menu for that section (again showing the currently active page). Obviously all linked to Drupal's taxonomies. I know the XHTML + CSS to do this but what mods need to be made to Drupal or its templates to allow this?

Rough example:

Home | About | » Products « | Services | Contact

Products Sub-menu

You are here: Home » Products » Software » Graphics

Graphics

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Comments

inteja’s picture

1. install Menus module
  2. set up taxonomies
  3. create menus associated with taxonomies
  4. enable Menu blocks
  5. set block path so menu only shows up in specific sections

Note: path regex has changed in 4.4 (this slipped me up) and Drupal assigns class="active" to the active menu item, allowing easy stylising with CSS.

I'm using phptemplate at present. I don't know if it is different with other themes/templates.

--
Brian.

madartsfactory’s picture

The current version of drupal has a feature called "book navigation".
If you're using a book-structure for your content, this should be enough to solve the problem.

Cheers
Das Omega

-------------------
Naur an edraith ammen!
Naur dan i ngaurhoth!