I'm 2 days new to Drupal, and love it already. I've been hacking away at xtemplate today to get the exact feel I'm looking for. I want to have a nice border around each "Story" published to the main page, just like the border in the UnConeD theme. Seeing that xTemplate does not use tables, I'm a beyond my understanding of how these themes work. Is what I desire still possible in a CSS driven template?

thank you.

Comments

kitt’s picture

You can define a new style class and adjust its border attribute in your CSS file. Then, adjust your template file to use the new style class.

.story {
 border: 1px solid #999999;
}

Alternately, you can specify where the border is (left, right, top, bottom) and the styles of each:

.story {
 border-left: 1px dotted #ffcc00;
 border-right: 1px solid #ffcc00;
}

There are many CSS tutorials, try this one to start: http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/05/18/anatomyOfAStylesheet

The problem I see with this is that you may end up defining this style for all your tables, which may not be what you'd like. Not sure how the xtemplates theme works, so YMMV.

tranzparency’s picture

Sorry for the newbie-ness.. But I've got the idea of how to create new class styles. But currently I can post stories to the main page. But I want these to have the border around them. What stlye do they use?? Is it the .box? And how do I alter the template file to use a news style class?

I must be missing something, but I can't find in the documentation, and easily explained method.

autowitch’s picture

If you just want to change the stories, try something like

.node {
border: 1px solid #000000;
}

Doing this for .box will change all of the modules on the side. That should also catch the comments and other things.

Hope this helps

-aw

oziumjinx’s picture

Im also trying to achieve a dotted line around my stories, and blog entires. I can't seem to figure out which areas within the CSS i need to modify. I just want the dotted line around the content in the middle of the page (the main content), not the blocks on the right/left.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

-=Vince

dbdll’s picture