Hi, I'm new to Drupal and one of the first things I have to do is create a Juicebox gallery for my local website.

I've followed all the instructions, watched videos and re-installed it with different instructions but it just won't work. The images display as normal images and not in a proper gallery.

There are no installation errors that I can see. I've changed the theme back to the default and still nothing.

I added a content type and when I select 'Juicebox Gallery' as the format and click save it reverts back to 'image'.

I'm using Drupal 8 and installed the following:

juicebox_lite_1.5.1 (copied the contents of jbcore into libraries/juicebox)

juicebox-8.x-2.0-beta3.tar

libraries-8.x-3.0-alpha1.tar

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

VM’s picture

have you worked through https://www.drupal.org/node/2000300 ? specifically the field formatter section?

you don't mention the libraries.module being installed.

juiceboxwillbethedeathofme’s picture

Thanks for the reply,

I have installed Libraries. The thing that seems most likely to me is the fact the image format doesn't stay as Juicebox Gallery, it keeps changing back to image as soon as I click save. Might you know why this is? I've reinstalled it but it's the same.

fkelly12054@gmail.com’s picture

My site is very dependent on Juicebox.  It's status as a contrib project with minimal recent support gives me angst sometimes, but that's the Drupal way I guess.   Back in the days of Drupal 8.0.x it was one of the first what I'd call stable and useful modules.  The author seems to have gone elsewhere.  There is an issue in the issue queue requesting a official stable release.  Presumably that would come with Composer support and processes documented.  

https://www.drupal.org/project/juicebox/issues/3108100

I suspect this may be "whistling" past the graveyard given the status of other issues in the queue.

I have juicebox-8.x-2.0-beta3 installed.  The juicebox library is in sites/all/libraries.  It works.  Your might try putting a copy of your juicebox library files there and see if it magically starts working. I keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you,

Unfortunately not. I had created a juicebox folder in both sites/all/libraries and drupal/libraries just in case, but neither fix it.

According to the tutorial I read, they created a new field under the pre-existing article content type with unlimited values, and set the format as Juicebox Gallery. I copied that, but when I click save the format reverts back to image. This seems like the problem but I'm not sure how to get it to stay. 

I tried to upload screenshots but I can't find the image uploader on Drupal and it doesn't allow links to other image hosting sites.

slewazimuth’s picture

While I've never seen juicebox before I took a peek to see what the problem might be. Installed juicebox on a site I have which is running Drupal 8.8.3 using composer and whipped up a quick gallery to test the install. When choosing the format I selected Juicebox Gallery and made sure multiple images could be used. The gallery thumbnails default to 85px.

Thank you,

I think the problem is the format. Juicebox gallery is an option but it doesn't save for me, it reverts back to 'image'. I'm not sure why.

slewazimuth’s picture

I noticed the format has mountains of settings for which all were saveable. While the default was original image I chose from a list which saved the settings I picked or other areas where information can be entered in directly for which all stay when I click on Save. If install was setup properly the content type display should appear as shown in this link.

I've finally got it working! I did this once before but this time it worked - after I changed the theme from Bootstrap 3 to Seven 8.8.2 it kept the format as Juicebox Gallery. I'm not sure why it didn't work with Bootstrap 3 because it should be compatible (it works with a friend's identical installation too).

Maybe this will show where I've gone wrong, here's screenshots of my content types, manage field, manage display etc:

Only local images are allowed.

Only local images are allowed.Only local images are allowed.Only local images are allowed.

Edit: I can't see how to upload images to Drupal

VM’s picture

images cannot be uploaded to a forum post. You need to use a 3rd party image sharing site and drop the link in the comment (not the editor).

As the modules in use aren't complete releases (alpha and beta). I suggest filing a bug report in the issue queue of the module in question.