Currently on drupal 8 geofield I can create a map of locations with custom icons: no problem.  I can also create a map from a kml file.  I cannot do both with the same map.  Is there a way to derive more of the information contained in the kml file?  If I have a kml file that has both polygons (in my case routes) and site locations (with balloons and icons) the only label for each balloon is the name of the node not the name assigned to the point in the kml file.  I'm using google maps to display the map.  

Comments

VM’s picture

per https://www.drupal.org/forum/support/module-development-and-code-questions/2009-11-26/this-forum-is-not-for-what-module-or please edit your post and move it to the 'post installation' forum. Thank you.

Can the kml file be edited in a text editor before import?

scottholmes’s picture

can be edited with any text editor.  I create them with Google Earth, saving the mapped data as a kmz or kml file.  The file already contains all the information I wish to use.  It is a matter of parsing it out in geocoder.  Geocode is already getting the coordinates and the locations of point icons but it is not retrieving any details on those points, ie name, description, possible urls, etc.  I thought perhaps that someone was already working on this before I spend time trying to hunt it down myself.  

VM’s picture

may be worth perusing the geofield issue queue. If it's being worked on it will be in the queue not the forums.