I am working in Drupal 7 and want to add an auctions section to my site - which until now has not had commerce running at all, as it was all content based (no products for sale).  Now I'm putting some things up for bid.

I installed and enabled Commerce Auction.  I set up a content type that includes typical product info (picture, description, name, etc.) and then went to the "Store" section in the admin, linked that content type on the form, and set up the bid parameters as listed on the form (bid increment, minimum bid increase, etc.).

But - when I went to add content using that new content type, it automatically loaded a BIDS field, a Highest Price and Starting Price (which cannot be altered and just list "USD" under each), as well as a Product field (featuring a pull-down that only has one default setting and that is "none").

The content does save, but when you click on the "Place a bid" tab, it starts with a big error message that says "User can't place bid until product is configured."

What am I missing?  How do you configure a product and what do I need to do to make this auction work?  If you can provide the answer or point me toward the correct documentation that would be extremely helpful!

Many, many thanks in advance!