Hi all,

I am using the latest drupal version (7.64) and using multi plupload for uploading images with drupal's bundled image field.

Uploading images work fine and saving the node is fine. The issue happens when going back to edit. If I'm editing other things and save it's fine as well.

The problem occurs when I try to remove an image then try to save, I receive error that this content has been modified by someone else and I cannot save.
I have tried this a few times and always this issue happens when there are over 100 images in the saved node. If there are few images, it works normal: I can remove and save as usual.

I've googled and search for solution, but many are years old and suggest that disabling "admin language" fixes the issue. I don't have this module installed.

Can you help me determine the cause? Thanks!

UPDATE: FINALLY, drupal managed to spit out an error. If anyone else have this issue, increase the "max_input_vars" amount on your server.

Comments

Tankeroo’s picture

Update: I did more testing. This issue happens exactly at the 165th image.

I did this test uploading 10 images at a time. Upon attempt to upload the 165th image, and going back to edit, it shows the issue.

VM’s picture

if you can reproduce on a clean install then this should be reported in the issue queue of the module in question as a bug report.

Tankeroo’s picture

Hey, thanks for your reply! It prompted me to do a few more tests in different environments.

In the same drupal setup, I tried it on my localhost, and did not experienced the issue. This only happens on my hosted copy.

What steps is there I can follow to determine exactly what the issue could be?

UPDATE: I managed to finally get a decent error out of drupal and issue has now been fixed. Thanks for chiming in. Sometimes the smallest hint can really lead to a solution.