Hello :)

i'm developing a multi language website where i have to use taxonomy in a view to filter contents. 
I succesfully use the module Views Taxonomy Term Name Depth so instead of ids my urls have the term on it and here comes the problem.
I want my url to be like this, where the taxonomy term is translated for each language:

Url English: mywebsite/en/applications/fornitures 
Url Spanish: mywebsite/es/applications/muebles

I translated each taxonomy term but the spanish url don't work, it return me a page not found error that I believe is because it don't find the translated term in the vocabulary, do you know how could make the view work with translated taxonomy terms?

Regards
Susan

Comments

panagiotisp’s picture

You can accomplish this using Url aliases from Configuration. You don’t actually need the Views Taxonomy Term Name Depth module for this purpose.

Go  Configuration-> Url aliases

Add one alias for English:
Language: English
Existing System Path: /applications/taxonomy_term_id
Path Alias: /applications/fornitures

Add another alias for Spanish:
Language:  Spanish
Existing System Path: /applications/taxonomy_term_id
Path Alias: /applications/muebles

You can find the taxonomy term id from taxonomy page.

You can also install the Pathauto module that generates url aliases automatically according to patterns that you define.

susan_95’s picture

i was testing a similar solution editing the alias url of each term, but if i can do it automatically with pathauto it will be much more faster.
Also do you know how i can edit the view for taxonomy term only for a defined vocaboulary? 
So the applications terms are displayed differently than the other vocabulary terms