Dear all,

Greetings everybody.

This is pertaining to the site www.dentistrytoday.info ( a forum made in Drupal 6.34 ) . It is hosted on a VPS on www.hostgator.in

( Hostgator India ) .

In the same VPS there are 2 more websites namely ( www.drdarakh.website ( a drupal 7 website ) , www.medicalmarketingtoday.info ) .

Recently hostgator migrated all it sites to a newer KVM server. ( Kernel based virtual machine)

None of the migrations of my websites went smooth.

www.medicalmarketingtoday.info was migrated but we lost some data. Hostgator had to do synchronization of the site twice. It is a small site with a few registrations. It is made in wordpress.

www.dentistrytoday.info has been made in Drupal 6.34. There are around 10,500 email addresses registered on the site. After the first migration we found that we had lost around 2 years data. Hostgator then did data sync once again. We recovered the data. We are able to add email addresses on the site. We are able to post on the site.

But the home page is not working.

My programmers had made a special module to display the first 20 posts on the home page.

Right now hostgator India is not able to give a proper reply to me as to why the name page is not working .

Finally the senior person in hostgator said that the new KVM server does not support version of PHP 5.3 or below. It will support version of PHP which is PHP 5.3 or above. He has asked me to upgrade the version of PHP.

My programmer says that this may not be the cause. He opines that the modules may not have been migrated properly.

I put this query to the esteemed Drupal quires on the forum. Hope to see a lot of responses & many thanks in advanced for the same.

Regards,

Dr. Veerendra Darakh

Comments

Jaypan’s picture

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get help with your issue on the forums. There are just too many variables both in how it was built, and in what could be going wrong, for us to be able to help remotely. You'll need someone to get in there and dig around to figure out how it was built in the first place, so you can figure out how to fix it.

Veerendra Darakh’s picture

Yes . I agree that a lot of things need to be looked into. What I want to know is that is the basic response of Hostgator right. My site has been made in Drupal 6.34. Is it related to PHP ?

If the version of PHP needs to be changed that how do we change it ? Will it affect the performance of www.dentistrytoday.info 

Where can I get some free lancer who is good at Drupal to look into the issue.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh

Jaypan’s picture

Your best spot to post for a freelancer would be the Paid Services section of the forum:

https://www.drupal.org/paid-services