Currently, I am managing a car dealer website on Drupal 7. I do not particul;arly like the blog page of the site due to its poor design, bad search engine visibility etc. I am, somehow, under the impression that my wordpress sites are more SEO friendly than those of Drupal. That is one of the most important reason I would like to move my blog posts to a WordPress installation by creating the same URLs for each post. Another equally important reason, at least to my understanding, is that, on the Wordpress site, I can use a totally different top menu focusing on useful information on cars and then linking to main Drupal site for car stock only.

The address of the site is as follows.

www.japaneseautoworld.com

Could anyone please let me know whether it is a good idea to move the blog posts from Drupal 7 to Wordpress?

Thanks and regards

Comments

ojchris’s picture

I've not done that before but I think this is possible but if you would need to display some of the blog content in certain part (e.g. homa page) of the main drupal site you might need to write a separate module or use a contributed module (if one exist) to fetch the record from your wordpress db (which will be different from that of the D7). If that is not an issue, your approach is good since it seems that's what you're comfortable with

WorldFallz’s picture

I can't think of a single good reason to create a hybrid site. SEO has nothing to do with drupal vs wordpress but how the site is configured. And you can have whatever custom menus you want with either system.

This strikes me as a solution in search of a problem. Pick one or the other make the site do what the client needs it to do. Using both is just needless complication and overhead.

youralex’s picture

Hi Guys,

Please read this article about your query may be it helpful for you. https://wordpresssupport.org/difference-wordpress-v-s-drupal/

hma66’s picture

I appreciate the feedback. I am convinced now that I have to choose one out of the two available systems.

Thanks and regards

ojchris’s picture

Do what's comfortable for you but I might add that drupal is far more secure than wordpress from my experience. I have drupal sites that been running for 5 years without any update, you can't try that with wordpress, you have to baby sit, at least every quarter else you get hacked.

hma66’s picture

Thank you for another important point to take into account while making the decision.

Thanks

raghwendra’s picture

The url that you shared doesn't work more. Please read better compare between Drupal and Wordpress here  https://thoughts.duoconsulting.com/blog/5-reasons-to-use-drupal-vs.-word...