In general, how do I cross-reference Drupal elements? In particular, blocks to pages (nodes).

Example 

I have a theme that makes extensive use of block / page visibility.

- Each block lists the pages (nodes) on which that that block is displayed.

- Other than pasting the node number into my url bar and editing the page, I can't find any way to look up each page.

Question

Is there some module (or other tool) that displays a cross-reference of each page and the blocks that reference that page? With everything elese Drupal does, I would think this fucntion would be readily available.

Thanks in advance

Comments

VM’s picture

There isn't currently any tool (default or otherwise) that does this.

IMTanuki’s picture

Can I ask a dumb question...how do you know (manage) which blocks are visible on any given page.

You can tell I come from WordPress - notwithstanding the issue that most WordPress content is static, I can't get my head around the fact that Drupal page content management doesn't provide an inverse view of block / page relationships.

How does one design a "page" if you can't see the content that's on it (except by "view"ing the rendered page?

I'm looking at mysqladmin - do you know which table stores page info? If I'm not the only one interested, I'll gladly publish the SQL to get this info.

VM’s picture

I don't know what you mean by 'page info'. Blocks are stored in the config table in a blob per theme as well as tables marked 'block_'

saw the following today and while it does not map where blocks are placed, it does provide a grouping feature that would allow for greater control over flow = https://www.drupal.org/project/block_visibility_groups