When attempting to add links to any menu in my Drupal 7.56 site, I receive the following error: 

Additional uncaught exception thrown while handling exception.

Original

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away: SELECT r.filename AS filename FROM {registry} r WHERE (r.name LIKE :db_condition_placeholder_0 ESCAPE '\\') AND (r.type = :db_condition_placeholder_1) ; Array ( [:db_condition_placeholder_0] => delta\_export\_ui [:db_condition_placeholder_1] => trait ) in _registry_check_code() (line 3483 of /var/www/html/ace5/includes/bootstrap.inc).

Additional

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away: SELECT expire, value FROM {semaphore} WHERE name = :name; Array ( [:name] => rules_get_cacheevent_watchdog ) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /var/www/html/ace5/includes/lock.inc).

Uncaught exception thrown in shutdown function.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away: DELETE FROM {semaphore} WHERE (value = :db_condition_placeholder_0) ; Array ( [:db_condition_placeholder_0] => 6700867095a8345a4dc0d64.06071003 ) in lock_release_all() (line 269 of /var/www/html/ace5/includes/lock.inc).

I have spent several hours looking up information on the above errors, so I would like to clarify what I have tried: 

• I increased my max_allowed_packet to 1024M.
  • I increased key_buffer_size to 1024M.
  • Disabled modules not in use.

I'm not quite sure what to do to fix this.  I was receiving this error on the site as a whole, but after disabling the Admin Menu module (much to my chagrin), the error went away and it seems to be present when adding menu links. I have yet to discover where else this error will appear.  Any help I can get would be awesome. I'm absolutely stumped and stuck.

Comments

VM’s picture

I assume you changed the following in my.ini ?

• I increased my max_allowed_packet to 1024M.
  • I increased key_buffer_size to 1024M

If yes, did you restart the mysql server so that the new settings take effect?

Multiple suggestions @ https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/issues/1014172

louloubug’s picture

The changes were made my.cnf and I restarted the database server.