Hi! I've been trying to install Facebook Instant Articles off and on for my Druapl 7 webstie for months and have had no success. Errors upon errors show up each time I install the module, but I think I'm finally to a point where I can actually use the software!

My latest issue is that it seemingly installs alright, but I get this error when trying to configure the module:

Fatal error: Class 'Facebook\Facebook' not found in /home/**MYSITE**/public_html/sites/all/modules/fb_instant_articles/modules/fb_instant_articles_api/includes/admin.inc on line 105

I feel like I'm missing some files but I followed the 'limited' instructions many times and it doesn't mention anything about any additional installs. Facebook, of course, is no help in this matter (or any other matter - pretty sure Facebook has no support). I'd consider reaching out to others for assistance but I have not found many people who have attempted to set this up on a Drupal site (or even use FIA). Don't mean to sound too annoyed, but Facebook is annoying.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what's going on? At one point I was able to get to a form which asked me to input the API information, but I couldn't submit it. (This whole FIA module appears broken but it has Drupal's secure seal and is noted as functional.)

Thanks!

Comments

VM’s picture

As you've bee asked in the past, please do not generate duplicate posts on drupal.org. The above is a duplicate of https://www.drupal.org/forum/support/post-installation/2017-11-03/how-do...

bdparker’s picture

I don't think this is the same error at all. It may be related to the same issue, but certainly not the same problem. Also, the other post is from 3 months ago and it hadn't had any replies.

VM’s picture

I didn't say it was the same error. I stated that the opening post is a duplicate and linked to the post that it duplicates. While the question may not be worded as a duplicate nor the error be exactly  the same, the issue is the same regarding missing classes for the same module trying to be installed in both posts. That said, the overarching issue is that you can't figure out how to install the module in the subject line in both posts. As such, it's a duplicate.

Time matters not. You can edit your original post and save it again to bump it back to the top of the forums.

Thank you for providing aid in keeping Drupal.org clutter free.

mmjvb’s picture

Just pointed out the bug for this module in the post referred to by @VM. 

BTW Nothing to do with not knowing how to install ! Just a matter of the module not properly specifying its dependencies. And maybe even a very poor implementation of logging that needs to be adjusted for general purpose use.

No idea whether this issue is just another bug or indeed something done wrong upon installation. But it is definitely not the same bug as in the other post.

EDIT:
The Facebook class is defined in graph-sdk which is a requirement of the FIA sdk (being a requirement of FIA module). When properly installed with composer, you should have vendor/facebook/graph-sdk/src/Facebook/facebook.php defining it. Composer also should make sure the autoload is in effect. Meaning it wouldn't give you the unknown error you reported