Hello. I do not know what the problem is but I cannot add or change users, groups or modules. I can create content though. 

Everything was working fine. I started trying to improve the security on my site. I was adding things like content security policy and HSTS and that all seemed fine. Mostly I was changing the structure of the relations between things, really just setting up the functionality. There hasn't been any content or users.

At that point (a few days ago) my site was no longer accessible. I got errors saying the SSL certificate expired even though I was still paid up. So I contacted my host and they renewed it. Things were back up within minutes. 

Then I started noticing the problem of not being able to add more groups or users. I don't know if it's something I did or if it has to do with SSL. 

I then deleted my site and made a new database and reinstalled drupal. Again, everything is configured perfectly it appears but the problem persists. So I think it's not a module thing. Perhaps a database or SSL thing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

cauzality’s picture

To clarify...

I get to the screens to create these things, I fill them out, I click "add" or "create" or "install" and it seems to do something but the page reloads with the fields cleared and there is no green message box saying I was successful. When I go to check it out, I was not successful. When installing modules I do not get to the progress bar.

Jaypan’s picture

Look in the logs to see if there is any additional information there.

cauzality’s picture

I haven't found anything. I have looked for something but don't know where to look specifically. the error_log doesn't have anything useful. Do you know what else I should look at?

More info:

• I have tried to rebuild my site and can add users if I do it manually in the database. I really need people to be able to register.
  • I can install modules by extracting them in the modules folder.
  • I can create content types.
  • I can create content.
  • I can create group types (now that groups is installed).
  • I cannot create groups (unless perhaps I do it in the database).
  • I cannot change my logo or favicon or upload images at all as far as I can tell.
Jaypan’s picture

The Drupal log at admin/reports/dblog

cauzality’s picture

i see nothing of interest. It shows login attempts, when I add content types and fields and group types and cron jobs which appear okay. All the times I've tried to add users or groups however are not recorded here at all.