I built a new content type and am noticing that I ended up with an h1 within another h1 for the title.

Example:

<div id="block-pagetitle" class="contextual-region block block-core block-page-title-block">      

<h1 class="js-quickedit-page-title page__title">

<h1 class="title title--node"> Page title here</h1>
</h1>

</div>

I'm still a little (lot) new at building content types (and Drupal in general) so I'm not sure where to look for the cause of this. Under manage fields, there is no "title"  field listed. Under Manage form display, I do have the title field listed and set for "textfield" but other than that, the only thing I can set there is "textfield size" so I don't think that's it.

Here is a sample page if it helps: https://goo.gl/AqE8F2

Comments

VM’s picture

based on the class it's likely coming from the quick edit module which I'm guessing is enabled?

OICWeb’s picture

Hi. Yes. It is enabled. Is there a way to leave it enabled but disable it for that title field? I've got other content types that have a title field but it doesn't add that h1 (a vendor built this initially so I'm not the one who created those) so I'm wondering what I did differently.

VM’s picture

as a test, disable quick edit. Is it removed? Could be that the previous content types were generated when quick edit was disabled. I don't utilize it.

OICWeb’s picture

Thanks VM. That did it. I don't think anyone is using Quick Edit anyway so this shouldn't be a big deal.

OICWeb’s picture

This issue has popped up again. We did update Drupal core around two weeks ago and unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to see if that caused it. I checked Quick Edit and it is disabled. I uninstalled it so it isn't on the list under "Uninstall" anymore but the extra H1 is still there. Any ideas on that?

OICWeb’s picture

Now that I look a little closer, this one is a bit different and doesn't look like it's something Quick Edit is causing. At least it's not mentioned in the class.

<h1 class="page__title">
<h1 class="title title--node">Test, Dave</h1>
</h1>
VM’s picture

viewing the source:

<div id="block-pagetitle" class="block block-core block-page-title-block">

<h1 class="page__title">

<h1 class="title title--node"> American Community Mutual Insurance Company</h1>
</h1>

The page title on the page in question is included separately in a block. You will need to dig to figure out why that is. In fact most of the page is built from blocks. Why?