I am working with drupal 7 and I am following a curriculum that gives me instructions on how to make a website with drupal. I was told to download the 7.x-3.0-beta3 version of media. It then said that File Entity is required to use the module. My curriculum is a little behind and they talked about downloading file styles which we were told we didn't need to do. I tried downloading the File Entity 7.x-2.0-beta3 thinking that would make my media module work but it said it is incompatible and now I can't uninstall it and I can't install a version that is compatible, although I don't know what version would be. I am not a drupal expert so any help would be appreciated. My students will not be able to progress with the curriculum if they can not enabled the media module. 

Comments

pixelsweatshop’s picture

If you are following a tutorial that mentions outdated versions of a module, make sure you install the latest stable release. To fix your situation, upload the latest version of media and media entity and any dependencies and run update.php. If that doesn't work, then roll back your install to where you backup your installation before starting this process. if you didn't backup before installing anything, then you learned a hard lesson. Always backup before installing anything and backup regularly.

karli009’s picture

That worked! Thank you very much!!