I am a teacher and I am working with a curriculum that uses druapl 7. It said to download the css injector so that I could add css to my website, but had a note that said if the current version of the injector doesn't make the changes, that you should use the development version. I tried the current version and it didn't make my changes so I went to uninstall the css injector so I could download the dev version. It said it successfully uninstalled but it was still present on the modules page, it was just still disabled. Because of this I can not download the dev version because it still recognizes the current version as being installed. I have tried different browsers and to unistall it multiple times. I have also tried different computers and restarting my computer. I tried googling it too but didnt find much that was helpful. I am trying to get ahead of this before my students get to that spot incase they accidentally download the current version. I would also like to be able to keep progressing through the curriculum myself so I am better able to help my students. Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this! I am by no means an expert and very new to drupal so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Comments

karli009’s picture

I forgot to add I also watched the video that was posted at the top of the css injector download page since we are using pantheon. I was a little confused but I followed along and that didn't work either. I am not sure if that issues is related to mine either. 

B_man’s picture

If you are fairly certain you've removed the module's files from your sites/all/modules folder you might try clearing your sites cache.  There are several ways to do it, but the most straight forward might be to head to /admin/config/development/performance and click the clear all caches button.  I can't guarantee this will cure the problem, but if you haven't tried it yet it's worth a shot.

karli009’s picture

I gave that a shot but unfortunately it didn't work! Thank you for the suggestion! 

VM’s picture

uninstall does not remove files from the system. It merely removes data from the database after disabling the module. To remove the files from the system, you must delete manually. However, caution should be utilized when using a -dev module. Thus, it would aid to explain what you are trying to change and why you believe injector doesn't work.

Also of note, it's not the only way to change CSS.

karli009’s picture

I just follow what my curriculum tells me to do and they suggested the dev module if the css didn't work. To explain further I installed the css injector and then added a new rule which was supposed to move an image on my page to the right and adjust its margins. This was the code they had us use:

.node-type-guide.field-name-field-guide-image {

float: right;

margin: 0 0 1em 1em;

}

After the rule was added the picture didn't move and when I inspected the element the changes were not present so I figured I would uninstall the current css injector and try the dev version like the curriculum suggested however I can't do that and my knowledge is limited when things don't work the way the curriculum said it would. I would be willing to try another way of entering the code so that if my students run into the same thing at least we can get their websites to look like the mockup we are following. 

VM’s picture

the only way for anyone here to aid with CSS is to have a link to the site. I don't believe moving to the -dev version will aid here as my brief testing indicates the module performs as expected.

karli009’s picture

http://dev-mrssavs-website.pantheonsite.io/

The page I am working on is the Phil Terry page which can be accessed from the calendar tab.

VM’s picture

There is no image @ http://dev-mrssavs-website.pantheonsite.io/tours/jump-joy-benefit-zimbabwe

Please disable CSS aggregation in your Drupal admin UI and always do so when you are working with CSS.

karli009’s picture

sorry I should have just given you the link to the page. The page you were looking at is the wrong one. Here is the correct link:

http://dev-mrssavs-website.pantheonsite.io/guides/phil-terry

I also under configuration and performance I unchecked the boxes next to Aggregate and compress CSS files and aggregate JavaScript files. I am hoping that is what you meant. 

VM’s picture

using a browser inspector on the page, the relevant declaration that is controlling the image is :

.field-type-image img, .user-picture img

Suggest you utilize tools in the browser to aid in your CSS changes. When a float right is applied the image indeed moves in inspector tool.

karli009’s picture

It has moved for me using inspect but I need it to stay moved which inspect is only temporary. Is there any other way to make permanent changes to css in drupal?

VM’s picture

It was my impression that you intended to use css injector. Else in your themes style sheet.

karli009’s picture

I do because thats what the curriculum wants. I added a media module for another part of the website and used the css injector to add and adjust a picture in the header and that worked. You can see the link to the css injector when you inspect the element, however when I inspect the photo on the phil terry page I was originally working on there is no link to the css injector even though the process to add the css is the same. So I can tell the injector is working I just don't know why it isn't working for the black and white phil terry picture. 

karli009’s picture

I got it to work!! Not sure how. I did some updates and clicked around on some others things that changed after I did updates to make the media module work and the picture moved. Thank you very much for your help! 

Francewhoa’s picture

For future questions about css_injector, I suggest to create a new ticket/issue in css_injector tickets queue at https://www.drupal.org/project/issues/css_injector?status=All&categories...

Direct link to create a new ticket https://www.drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/css_injector

Loving back your Drupal community result in multiple benefits for you