Hey,

Want to create an exposed filter as part of a product picker. We have a couple dozen machines that can be chosen from.

However - there is overlap in what they do.

With a previous project, I have product that were all made from a specific metal. So it was easy to create an exposed filter that let me check "Iron" or "Aluminum" or "Copper" as they were all single, exclusive "entities."

With our new product picker, and our machines overlapping in capabilities:

Method 1: Create ranges that say "Up to Xmm", "Up to Ymm" and so on (mm = millimeters)

I could probably do that tying a taxonomy term "up to Xmm" to machines, but was wondering if there isn't some sort of mathematical way to do it. (or different and better way to to it?)

Method 2: I could see creating an exposed filter with a possible "sliding rule" - where you would literally move a slider to a desired size in MM and it would then provide you with choices based on a single entry as opposed to a range.

I can figure out, myself, how to do Method 1 (I'm not really learning anything new).

I would really like to figure out how to approach Method 2. (Which would be learning something new)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!