I was upgrading drupal from drupal 6 to 7 and followed all the instructions. I have a backup of all the files from the server and the database. However after upgrade drupal 7 was not working, so I restored to drupal 6 by deleting everything from the root and replacing with files from the backup and restoring the database. However my site is still broken. My site is w3courses.com

I get the following error:

Warning: Unknown column 'throttle' in 'field list' query: SELECT name, filename, throttle FROM system WHERE type = 'module' AND status = 1 AND bootstrap = 1 ORDER BY weight ASC, filename ASC in /home/content/60/4994460/html/w3courses.com/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 128

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/60/4994460/html/w3courses.com/includes/database.mysql.inc:128) in /home/content/60/4994460/html/w3courses.com/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 726

Please help and let me know how I can restore. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

VM’s picture

what version of Drupal 6 was in use when took the backup? are you sure the version you are replacing now, is the same version the database was running with?

jag1500’s picture

Hi VM, thanks for replying. I was using 6.21 i believe, I am using the same version to restore since I am using the same files I downloaded from the server. Do I need to create a fresh install to restore?

VM’s picture

no.

The only common threads I can find using "Warning: Unknown column 'throttle' in 'field list'" as keywords are related to Drupal 4. The only thing I can suggest is to continue digging through google results as reading through may strike a more significant chord with you.

As an aside, always test backups to ensure they are working before attempting anything with a production site. The backup process can fallible.

jag1500’s picture

Thanks VM, is there a way for me to do a fresh install and then import content from the backup of a database from my previous drupal site?

VM’s picture

not without significant database experience which I'm assuming you don't have else the question wouldn't have been answered. You could certainly move the content / users of a site running. I don't believe you have an easy fix here but I could also be wrong. D6 - D7 should have been done before the EOL of D6. Back when I moved sites from D6 to D7, I most often rebuilt of migrated content and users because of the complexity involved. The only sites that would be able to be performed with a standard upgrade path were sites that didn't employ any significant contrib modules.

jag1500’s picture

Can I create a fresh drupal 7 install and use this migrate module to copy over content from the backup of the database? https://www.drupal.org/project/migrate

Is there any other module that might work?

VM’s picture

not without a working a D6 site.

Perhaps it would help to discuss what occurred when you updated to Drupal 7. 'was not working' is too vague.

VM’s picture

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent"

Because of the above, I'd replace core files in your backup. Be thoughtful in your approach. settings.php, .htaccess and those files that are important (contrib modules / themes etc) should not be removed/replaced/overwritten/deleted.

I'm thinking you've a corrupt file and due to the above and could be adding to the previous warning.

If the above don't work, I'd run update.php to insure that you didn't miss a database update along the way.

May also be worth trying to update the existing site to the last version of Drupal 6.