In Drupal 7, you could add Categories to the Contact page/form, so a user/visitor could send a message, and choose where it went. (IE, Website Feedback -Msg goes to webmaster@mydomain.com; Sales Questions - Msg goes to sales@mydomain.com, etc.) But it appears that has been taken out in Drupal 8. Is there a way to put this back into the Drupal 8 contact page?

I did a Google search and found one post about it, but it was apparently for a very early version of D8, as a lot of the things it referenced, I was not finding in my current D8.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

Chris Matthews’s picture

I was able to recreate the D7 functionality in D8 using the Rules module.

Chris Matthews’s picture

BEGRAFX’s picture

I have installed the Contact emails module, however from reading the description, this doesn't really appear to be what I'm looking for. What I am wanting, is just what Drupal 7 had in its contact form, where I can leave it as default, and just have all messages go to one address, or I can configure it a bit, and allow a user to pick a category for their message, and based on that category, it will go to a particular address. So if a user has a question about a particular product, they could choose "Sales" and the message would be sent to the Sales Manager, or of they spot an issue with the website, they could choose "Website Support" and the message would be sent to the Webmaster, etc... this was all part of the package in Drupal 7. I'm not clear why they removed it. It was a great feature, and if you didn't need it, you just didn't configure the extra stuff, and it just sent everything to one place.