Hi,

I have some basic pages that have a URL alias setup where it contains a relative path (ie., facstaff/my_page). So the url is rewritten as http://webroot/facstaff/my_page. The breadcrumb path to "My Page" now reads:

Home > Facstaff > My Page

How do I rewrite every breadcrumb reference from "Facstaff" to "Faculty and Staff"? I want to keep the url alias /facstaff... I just want to rename the breadcrumb.

I tried using the Custom Breadcrumbs module and I set "Faculty and Staff" as the Title and then entered "facstaff" as the Path, but nothing happens. Am I using this correctly? I'd like to rewrite this breadcrumb globally across all pages that contain "facstaff" in the url.

Thanks

Comments

sprite’s picture

spritefully yours
Technical assistance provided to the Drupal community on my own time ...
Thank yous appreciated ...

laura lou’s picture

Gosh, I can't seem to get this working either. Is it because these pages are using an alias that's being set up manually?

What I'm doing to set this up is under the "Entity Parent" tab I entered "[current-page:title]" under the "Basic Page" content type. I figured that it would pick up the relative url in the path and rewrite the breadcrumb. But unfortunately it's not. Any ideas?

Thanks

sprite’s picture

By the way ,..

This question belongs in the "post installation" forum.

Please edit your original post to move it to the proper forum.

spritefully yours
Technical assistance provided to the Drupal community on my own time ...
Thank yous appreciated ...

nareshbw’s picture

I used this and it is working fine for me.

function phptemplate_breadcrumb($breadcrumb) {
if (!empty($breadcrumb)) {
$breadcrumb = preg_replace("/old text/", "new text", $breadcrumb); // This line will search and replace text.
return '

';
}
}