Hi Everyone
Can someone give me some simple advice please.

I'm just trying to create a basic new Article to use as a list of inventory of items I have
e.g. Name of item:
How many:
So I went into the Admin Menu > Structure > Content Types > Add Content Type.
I just saved the default fields which are Title and Body.
When I go into Manaage Fields, I see that three fields exist ok :-
Title
URL path settings
Body
However, when I go into Manage Display, I can only see this field:-
Body
So my question is :-
Why doesn't the Title field appear within Manage Display and what is the URL path settings field?

I know this is a beginners question. I have ordered a book on Drupal 7 but would appreciate anyone who can answer my questions please. I need to know the answer so I can move my title and body into the Blocks I need it to appear.

Kind Regards and Happy Christmas
Matthew

Comments

999csharp’s picture

Hi
I've managed to work this out now.

In order to for all the Fields to appear in Manage Display, I had to Select a Layout. I've selected the Two Column layout - is that a good one to start with or should I use a better one?

Kind Regards
Matthew

VM’s picture

I've selected the Two Column layout - is that a good one to start with or should I use a better one?

The question depends solely on how you intend to layout your display. If you need 2 cols, then use 2 cols. There is no better/best.

VM’s picture

Title field isn't integrated with the field api. As such the field isn't listed in the manage fields tab in core. One can utilize the title.module to integrate the title with the field api.

drupalfan2’s picture

Is there a solution for Drupal 8 to have the page title in "manage display" of a content type?

weri’s picture

You can place the title in the twig template or use one of the following modules:

Maybe this gets added in a future core release: https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/issues/2353867

kentr’s picture

Using the new Layout Builder module, I'm able to place / position the node title just the same as other fields.  

1. Add a new block.
  2. Choose Content fields > Title.
  3. Move the block to where you want it.
Greg Boggs’s picture

This module makes the title base field (property) into a proper field in manage display. The maintainer is also working on a core patch.

https://www.drupal.org/project/manage_display