Hi,
I am running into a minor issue when trying to post a blog on a drupal 7 site when using google's chrome web browser. When I change the text formating of the text box where you place your text to say full html, I am unable to get a cursor to pop up in the text box nor can I paste text in the text box. Yet when I go to safari and try the same thing it works. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this to happen? It's nothing major like I said before, just something I would like to get fixed.

Let me know if more explanation is needed.

Thanks.

Comments

Sam Moore’s picture

Can you open up Dev Tools and have a look in the console? You may have some sort of JavaScript problem.

Garbz5’s picture

I am some what new to Drupal sites so can you tell me where I might be able to find the Dev Tools?

Sam Moore’s picture

It's a feature of Chrome, not Drupal - similar to Firefox's Firebug. It allows you to see a lot of what's going on on a page.
In Chrome, navigate to the page you're having trouble with. Then go to View -> Developer -> Developer Tools in Chrome's menu, and a new panel will open up.
Along the top of the new panel you'll see tabs for Elements, Resources, etc - look for the one called "Console". It was here that I suggested you look for Javascript errors.

Garbz5’s picture

Ok I found what you mentioned and I have some red code that is showing up. How do you go about figuring out what is causing the error?

Sam Moore’s picture

Can you post the error message? You should be able to cut & paste.

Garbz5’s picture

Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://studybreaks.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://affiliates.eblastengine.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

Sam Moore’s picture

How do those domains relate to your site?

Garbz5’s picture

Studybreaks.com is our website. The eblast site we use for emails but that's about it.

Sam Moore’s picture

That's probably not an issue then.

So one thing I've seen occasionally is an HTML element hiding another element and making it unselectable - usually because the box model is slightly different on various browsers, and an element that sits where you put in one browser suddenly decides to expand to fill its container in another browser.

Are you familiar with the Elements pane in Firebug or Dev Tools at all? Also, how's your CSS?

Garbz5’s picture

I am comfortable with CSS and I have used Firebug before. To what extent should I be comfortable with those?

Sam Moore’s picture

Hi - sorry, madly busy today.
What I'd do is open the editing page you're having trouble with in both Firefox and Chrome, then open a Firebug window on FF and a DevTools window on Chrome, and see if you can find an element that's behaving differently - should be in the DOM somewhere near your text area window.
I'm guessing Chrome may be putting an element over your editor that's preventing the browser from giving the text area focus, and from changing the cursor. This could happen if you have an element whose size renders differently on the two browsers.