I've been working on a D7 -> D7 migration for over a week. Seems like an easy process, but I keep getting errors on the new site after migrating. I think I'm migrating improper fields and that's what's causing the errors. So i make a copy of the database without the tables that are causing errors but get errors on different ones after that.

When copying backups into the new database, do i have to have the modules enabled already before I migrate? It seems if i don't I can't enable them afterwards because I get "field already exists" errors. If I enable them prior to migrating, I get menu.inc (?) errors.

What specific tables do you need to backup and transfer to get nodes, comments, and users. That's pretty much all I need to transfer and everything else can be left behind (I think.)

Comments

RKS’s picture

Apparently I need to add in every field I have on my site before I migrate the fields because once you do so you can no longer add that same field. You get a "field exists" error. It doesn't even add it to the list of your used fields so how are you supposed to migrate these fields over? If it won't add the fields where they go, then how do you add them?