Hi all, I'm a Drupal newbie but have worked with several other CMS systems before. I recently installed Drupal 7 on a 123-reg business package & all seemed to install well. I needed to create a custom sub-theme so as advised on here, have used used Zen as a base. I've installed several modules due to the basic nature of the base structure being very limited. In the last 2 days my site has crashed for more than 80% of each day. Whenever I could login, I checked the Drupal error files & all I could see that was irregular was Cron attempting start whilst already running.

I've been going back & forth with 123-reg's customer support for 2 days now but just wondered if anyone else has recently experienced similar crashes?

Installed Modules:

job_scheduler
feeds
advanced_help
custom_search
md_construction
chart
panels
ctools
views
features
nice_menus

Comments

webfusiononline’s picture

Hi Steve,

I work on behalf on 123-reg.

I would be interested to try and investigate this issue for you further in order to eliminate any server side issues.

Could you direct message me your domain name and I would be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Ricky

deeve’s picture

Hi Ricky,
many thanks for the reply. I'll send you the details via pm but would be good if we can share the solution on here, just in case others experience similar issues they may also benefit.

Steve.

deeve’s picture

..any news, Ricky? I know it's been a bank holiday over here but am getting really fed up with countless 500 Internal Server errors! With my experience so far, I really can't see how other clients manage to run Drupal based sites on 123-reg servers.

webfusiononline’s picture

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay, the issues you experienced last week should now be resolved.

We experienced unusual high loads on our shared database servers which explains why you experienced the issues with the site.

Our system administrators quickly resolved the problem last week and have been monitoring the server.

I have emailed you directly if you need to discuss further.

Regards,

Ricky

deeve’s picture

Hi Ricky,
good talking with you earlier. I've been looking around on here further & have noticed there may actually be an issue with Drupal & the 'cache_menu' Table in the db. I thought there were irregular amounts of entries stacking up in this table [1,133] which when opened to view appeared to drop to 202, but if the page was refreshed, jumps back up to 1133 again!

Looking around on here I've noticed other users are experiencing the same issue, which they attribute to lock-outs of the Admin section's features. I particularly notice this when trying to access the Admin's 'Structure > Blocks' or 'Reports' sections. I've posted a bug report on here but wondered if there was any way of controlling cache issues within phpMyAdmin?

Cheers,

Steve.

dave_______1’s picture

Hi,

Sorry to open an old comment but I'm getting tons of 500 errors using Drupal 7 on 123reg and it is very slow. I put this down to 123reg just having slow, old shared servers but I'm not sure.
This seems to be the same thing but there was never an answer to it, only private chat :(

Same site worked perfectly on my WAMP and on my cPanel host but 123reg just seems to produce 500 errors and v slow site.

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers
Dave