Hi all,
I just started using the location module and am still learning about it. However, is there a way to stop the module from creating the pages:
www.mysite.com/map/user
www.mysite.com/map/node

I'm not so much concerned about map/node but I do not need the map/user page. I realize I can remove it from the navigation block but users can still find the page via a search. Is there any way to stop this page from being created?

Thanks,
Pete

Comments

bwv’s picture

Can you unpublish it? Or use the path redirect module to have visitors redirected to another location?

aitala’s picture

Can't you just turn off the 'view all user locations' for authenticated and anon users in permissions under 'location_user module'? Or under 'gmap_location module' >>'show user map' ?

Eric

224b8605113373e086cb27708ff301ba18ce394db1996e7e22928e4555e0d20b1b6cecc7f67c9bd9e536cb915779c485

yaworsk’s picture

thanks for the comments.

as for unpublishing it - there is no page listed under the content, it looks like the page is created by the module. I could redirect from it but to be honest, I don't want the page to exist at all.

as for the user permission to view user locations, if i remove the permissions to view the page, the page still exists, users get just a access denied message. I'm not sure where you mean Eric, when you refer to "Or under 'gmap_location module' >>'show user map' ?" do you mean under the site configuration menu? I don't see a 'show user map'. I have 'user map' and then the macro but if i erase the macro the page still exists.

i know this is a bit over the top but i would like to remove the page entirely from being created, not just navigate people away from it.

thanks,
pete