I'd like to modify my Story type to include an image that appears at the top of the story. This seems straightforward, except that I'd like to be able to choose whether the image is to float to the left or the right when building the Story. I have the CSS working fine; the problem is choosing the alignment.

What I've done as a workaround is add two CCK imagefields to my Story. Since each has its own name I can assign CSS styles based on the container div. The problem is that because there's an active imagefield, an image gets built in HTML for both imagefields. One has the image I wanted, and the one left blank shows up as a broken image (an img tag with a blank src attribute). So all my stories have broken images in them. Subtle or hideous, depending on browser, but not good either way.

If instead there were a way for me to use one imagefield but be able to choose a class for it when building the Story, that would be great.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to float an image next to the title, and let the title etc wrap around the image. I added some code to node.tpl.php to make the image appear before the title, but then I had two images, one next to the title and the other at the beginning of the body. Simply changing the weight to be lighter than the title or taxonomy fields does not seem to have any effect.

Pointers in the direction of where I should be looking for this would be greatly appreciated.

Steve