Very new to Drupal and just trying to figure out some of it's capibalities and limitations. I'm so new, I can't even figure out what version I'm running to give you an accurate version. Anyway, here is what I want to accomplish. I would like to have several different user "groups". Each of these user types, when logged in, would have access to different menu items. For example, Bob, who is a member of the marketing group, would see the Marketing menu but he would not see the IT menu. Mike on the other hand, who is in IT, can see the IT menu but not the Marketing menu. etc...

I've figured out how to hide menu's for annon users, but that's it. Is it easy and possible to set up menus for different groups that only members of that group see?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Anonymous’s picture

irbk’s picture

I'll check it out and see.

Thanks.

irbk’s picture

Ok, the taxonomy access seems to allow me to hide the specific story from certan users. However, I also want to hide the menu item. IE, said login wouldn't know that the specific menu item is even there, and that login wouldn't be able to access it as well. Am I missing something in the taxonomy that would allow me to do that?