When I enable blogs and type in www.example.com/blog, it lists all blogs. But the same (www.example.com/story gives page not found) doesn't happen for story or page. Did I screw up my drupal install or is this how it is by default?

Comments

dmjossel’s picture

No, that is by design. A centralized /blog page for all blogs is a feature of the blog module. The static page and story modules do not provide that feature.

You could add it by using views.module, by creating a filter to show only nodes of type "story" and giving it a page view with the url /story. The same for page, if you so desired.

I find stories are usually used for front-page items (promoted) and with the default display for a site set to /node, they show up in reverse chronological order; so no /story page is needed.

A /page view wouldn't really be that useful since it wouldn't have any organization other than reverse chronological order; more likely you'd want to arrange it hierarchichally (using book.module) or just create a menu tree by giving each page an item in a menu.

drupalzack’s picture

Thanks for the detailed reply! I thought I was losing it! :)