Using the search function shows that apparently this was a common problem with a number of modules (including CCK) in the past, but was fixed. I'm not sure if this is a related issue, or a different problem that generates the same message, but when users try to create a new account on my site they get this message:

warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 764.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 765.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 768.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 779.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 784.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 635.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 759.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 764.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 765.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 768.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 779.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 784.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/form.inc on line 790.
warning: uasort(): The argument should be an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/common.inc on line 2119.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/common.inc on line 2150.
warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /usr/home/helpdesk/public_html/eviscerati/includes/common.inc on line 2161.

It's still possible to create the account, but that message shows up every time and I figure it can't be a good thing.

As far as I know creating a new account is part of the core feature set of Drupal, not a module, so I don't know if the issues I found on a search (which seem to be all module-based) apply.

What does the error message mean? What was Drupal trying to do when the message was triggered, and how do I fix it?

Comments

ubersoft’s picture

most of the search results I get on this topic deal with CCK. Drupal 5 now has some CCK functionality integrated into it. Could this be a re-emergence of the original CCK bug?

Ian Hargest’s picture

ubersoft -

I've just started learning about drupal 4 or so months ago. I just deployed version 5.0 in my development environment and experienced a similar set of errors when creating test user accounts. By process of elimination, I found it to be related, somehow, to the Reports module for v5.0-dev.

Hope this helps.

Regards // Ian

ubersoft’s picture

Turning off the reports module solved the problem!

Thanks again. I was going out of my mind... :)

prabhat_linux’s picture

Hi ubersoft,

Thanks dude ! you saved my many more hours. Lately, I worked on these nasty warnings entire night, but no gains. Actually probs has something to do with php zend engine for 4.3. Pleae see http://www.zend.com/zend/week/week98.php.

Anyways, thanks again.

Prabhat.
www.thelinuxsupportgroup.org