In order for visitors to know their way around they have to have some sort of navigation at the top, similar to Drupal.org, for example:

Home>>Forum>>Support>>Post Instillation >>Title of topic.

My forum does not have this and it’s hard to navigate without it,

My form is a default forum, nothing added, so how do I go on about having similar navigation only on my Forum section?

Thanks

Comments

pwolanin’s picture

This seems like a theme issue, rather than a general Drupal issue. Some themes don't show the breadcrumbs at all. What version of what theme are you using with what version of Drupal?

As a test, have you tried switching to one of the default theme to see if the problem still exists?

---
Work: BioRAFT

jason342’s picture

You’re right,

Bluemarine doesn’t seem to lack this.

The theme I’m using is “box_cleanslate”, and it doesn’t have a breadcrumb for the forum.

How do get one for a forum on box_cleanslate?

Thanks.

pwolanin’s picture

offhand- compare the page.tpl.php files and copy the missing code from bluemarine...

---
Work: BioRAFT

jason342’s picture

But wouldn't that method leave me with breadcrumbs on all of my pages?

I just need it on my forums.

VM’s picture

yes.

and heres where flatforum comes back into play, because it would give you a forum.tpl.php page to put those kinds of things into. then you can do to forum things that wont want to do on every page. You could over course create your own override, which is in effect the same thing and then add your forum.tpl.php page.

jason342’s picture

Hey, VeryMisunderstood,

Can you tell me what do I put in the forum.tpl.php to make this breadcrumb happen please?

I still have the flatforum files, I’m glad I didn't delete them since they can come to the rescue.

VM’s picture

compare the bluemarine page.tpl.php to your page.tpl.php. from here you should be able to pick out the line for the bread crumbs. copy and paste that line from blue marine to your forum.tpl.php in the area that you want it typically the first line. I'm not sitting in front of my own machine to look at the drupal files, or i'd pick the line out for you.

jason342’s picture

Thanks for the advice.

I compared the two themes, I think the code is <?php print $breadcrumb ?>. I did place the code at at the top in node-forum.tpl.php, but nothing occurred

But, isn’t node-forum.tpl.php only associated with the third level page where the comments are?

For me to make my self clear lets just split the forum up into three levels:

Level one = Main Page Where the Forums are.
Level two = The Page where the topic are.
Level three = The Page where the comments are.

So how would I have the breadcrumb in the other two levels too as well?

Or is there a way to make breadcrumb to appear in all three levels, via coding the node-forum.tpl.php file?

P.S I know you’re not infront of the files in the moment, but I thought I ask so when you do have access to your files (or anyone else who have the answer) could help if they can.

Thanks

mysty’s picture

I've moved my reply to here

jason342’s picture

Anyone, help?

sachbearbeiter’s picture

does anybody how to view breadcrumbs in nodes?

thanks + greetings
sb

VM’s picture

somehow this thread got by me, evidentally more than once. My apologies.

@Jason have you taken a look at the advanced menu.module which allows for more control over the breadcrumbs ? I cann't verify that this will be your cure all but it is something to look into. If you could produce a mock up in graphic form of what you are looking for it may be helpful. I am not following along with your description. May not have enough coffee in me yet : )