Hi all,

Lately (in D8), I've been using the Video Embed module in combination with the Colorbox module for all of our video needs. The video embed handles the data field in the entity type, while Colorbox opens the videos in a nice modal window. Most of our clients have a YouTube account, Vimeo account or both as we tend to recommend these third party services for video. This makes the Video Embed + Colorbox combo a great pair. However, I've noticed two things after developing quite a few sites this past year. When adding a video URL via custom video embed field to an entity type (usually a content or paragraph type) and selecting Colorbox for the display settings, the thumbnail automatically generated is of low quality. Trying a series of image cache settings doesn't help. My questions would be:

1. Is there a way to increase the quality of the automatically generated thumbnail which comes from the Colorbox display setting?

2. Ideally, would there be a way to use Video Embed + Colorbox, but allow the content manager to upload their own custom thumbnail (of much higher quality)?

Image Reference

Thanks!

~ Steve