I have tried updating the privatemsg module and also the gallery module to work with CVS version. I have also updated taxonomy_html as it had a few bugs left from the conversion done earlier in the week.

Not being too hot with php I have found it slightly confusing and challenging altering the modules. But I am stuck with the privatemsg module as I am certain I have changed everything correctly But it just stays in the inbox. Anyone have any ideas? The code is at http://www.daihatsu-drivers.co.uk/privatemsg.module.txt

Comments

Anonymous’s picture

but i made it work, like this:

for example

lm(t("Previous inbox messages"), array("mod" => "privatemsg", "in_offset" => ($in_offset-$rows), "out_offset" => $out_offset));

would change to:

l(t("Previous inbox messages"), "privatemsg&in_offset=".($in_offset-$rows)."&out_offset=$out_offset");

so basically, i rewrote lm()'s into l()'s following the instructions here but used the old &variable=value method instead of /variable/value method, and it worked..

Anonymous’s picture

Ok ta I will give that a go. I not care how its done as long as it works Only local images are allowed.

Anonymous’s picture

Did what you said and it is working fine (apart from 1 bug) and it not take long at all.

al’s picture

Gallery is a nasty bit of code. Only local images are allowed.
I'm working (have been for a while, hopefully have something in the next two weeks or so) on a new image module for Drupal, so I've no plans to update the Gallery module to CVS. The 4.1 version is a truly horrble hack, lashed together before I really knew much about Drupal's internals. It's so nasty, in fact, that it accesses the database directly to get user information rather than using Drupal's built-in functions - I needed it quickly and didn't have time to learn the ropes...

It has many other issues, like requiring sessions support (which anon users still don't have in Drupal, even in CVS) and not being searchable, plus it doesn't tie in to the Drupal Way (no taxonomy, searchable comments, etc.). Try the image module in the meantime, I guess.

Anonymous’s picture

I noticed how you hacked it together and have hacked it to work with the CVS version. Seems to work fine but did notice it is not at all like anyother module for Drupal.

Started using it before I realised how dirty its coding was but provided everything I needed and the users of my site seem to like it. Only local images are allowed.

john@www.analoglife.com’s picture

I submitted a patch to this (privatemsg) the other day. It's been commited to cvs by dries I believe.

I'm not guaranteeing it's 100%, but it got privatemsg'ing working on my site again after updating to the cvs version of drupal.