Hi Guys ,

I'm the System Administrator one of company. We take one of project. Customer came us with drupal files and SQL database.
Alright we doing this already 10 times in a day :)
Server installed , Customer wants Centos Web Panel we installed too. domain created. files transmitted to server. SQL dumped.

Case is : Database doesn't have a Prefix_
This database wasn't have a prefix drupal_ or another thing.
i try '' , '_' option , '*' , *<none>' option.

But doesnt work. Turned on PHP i enabled display_errors too.
max post sizes and upload sizes is increased.

Page came blank. i think , what if im type wrong in prefix. i got an error like this:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '<none>semaphore WHERE name = 'variable_init'' at line 1: SELECT expire, value FROM {semaphore} WHERE name = :name; Array ( [:name] => variable_init ) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /home/xxx/public_html/includes/lock.inc).

I need your help. Due to prefix we cannot deliver the project.

Regards.

Comments

mmjvb’s picture

The original settings.php provided with the files should contain the correct database settings. Obviously, they apply to the old situation. The prefix mentioned should apply and according to your report about the import it should be '' (two single quotes).

xplustr’s picture

Hi,

I mention that already unfortunately doesnt work.

Configuration and sql auth looks okay

We Check each step thousand of times.

Thanks

C

mmjvb’s picture

But your troubleshooting is not going to make it work. You are changing things that are correct, as proven by your changes.

When importing without a prefix, it doesn't make sense to trying to change that. The other parameters in the connection are far more relevant: host, database, user and password. Obviously you managed to import, what is different in the connection details between import and drupal website?

Normally page blank means PHP error with error reporting suppressed.  Suggest to enable error_reporting to find out what is actually wrong. Maybe a problem with .htaccess, needs change when edited, suggest standard drupal one with changes to make it work in your environment.

Suggest to set up your environment so that it doesn't require changes to .htaccess.

xplustr’s picture

Hi ,

I solve the problem with RENAME each tables with a prefix and then problem solved.

Thank u.

mmjvb’s picture

Obviously the prefix specified in settings.php and table names have to match. Either change the setting to match table names or change table names to match setting. 

I am told that prefix of table names is something of the past. It was even suggested to deprecate it. Fortunately, that didn't make it.
So, happy for you to fix your issue, but using a prefix shouldn't be mandatory. It is more common to not use a prefix and that should work in your situation as well.