Hi all, First time poster here and relative newbie to the Drupal world. I'm not sure if this post fits this particular forum given it is related to migration but I figure in a round about way, that is installing Drupal!

So basically we have been charged with the task of migrating a Drupal installation from one server to another server. I have transferred all files and as far as I can tell have placed them in an identical location on the new server and I have imported the required databases from the old server.

As per the various migration guides out there I have edited the settings.php file within the site to ensure that the relevant database connection strings are correct as per the new server.

However, when I log on to the server I am greeted with the Drupal installation screen. I don't receive any errors (certainly not on screen).

I guess the good news is that at least I am seeing the Drupal installation screen which means the new web server is detecting the system.

Can anyone point me in a direction of why Drupal would be hitting the installation screen instead of displaying the site? Have I missed another step? Perhaps I have the Virtual Host document root pointing in the wrong spot but the fact that the installation screen comes up suggests to me that there is something else missing.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. In the meantime, back to the Google-Cave to see if I can find some answers!!

Thanks in advance
Josh

Comments

Spikeweb’s picture

Hi all,
Just a quick update. It seems I worked out the issue. The problem stemmed from the fact that we are testing on an IP address until we can transfer the live site across so when Drupal was searching for the settings.php it was searching for sites/xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa/settings.php which of course it could not find.

Now for the next issue.... home page works but not a single link works! Next.....

mallezie’s picture

There are probably two reasons, for only the frontpage to work.

Are clean-urls enabled on your new site? You can test fist to try to reach
http://www.example.com/?q=node/1 instead of example.com/node/1

another place to start is your apache error log.

Tsegaye’s picture

For those who might come across this issue, if you are sure that Drupal can connect with the database, and your drush commands are working to the most part, it might also be related that the site is not added in the sites.php https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/sites%21example.sites.php/7.x esp in multisite installations. 

Make sure you have added your site in the sites.php