I have a database (which includes an older drupal site) that i want to recover--i have downloaded on my desktop…I think I have to migrate through shell as well.

I am pretty new to this.

Dreamhost tells me that I would have to get support from the drupal community about how to configure the older site. They also say I need to know the version.

main goal: see blog posts and content that are on a database that once used drupal

Comments

JamesOakley’s picture

Hi Drew

Have you used Drupal at all before?

If you have the database and the files, you'll have to alter the settings.php file for your installation to point the Drupal files to the database you've uploaded your old copy into.

If you only have the database, but not the files, you'll have to download the relevant files from drupal.org, unzip them into the correct directories, and then hook up the database as above.

It sounds like you may be in the latter case. If so, you've been told correctly - the first thing to determine is which version of Drupal your database is for. You'd then want to download the most recent minor release of Drupal core, matching the major release for your database. (So, if you find that your database is for Drupal 5.x, you'd want Drupal 5.23, being the latest minor release in the 5.x range). (If it's older than Drupal 5, the numbering is a bit less obvious, but people here can guide you through that particular minefield.)

Depending on how much you've done with Drupal before, and depending on how long you're prepared to spend fiddling and learning as you go, it may be a job you're best off hiring in some help for.

But let's start here: 1. Does your database have a table named "system"? 2. If so, can you paste the results of this query:

SELECT * FROM `system` WHERE name = 'system'

This signature is currently blank
dghavens’s picture

thanks for the reply.

my database is 6.x, so that would be 6.31, right?

I am going to ask the dream host support about the latter question. I know they can help me with that--they have been amazing and have taught me a lot.

JamesOakley’s picture

Yes - Drupal 6.31 is the current release in the 6.x branch.

You're fortunate - Drupal 6.x is fully supported, so most modules will still be available for download, and the Drupal Security Team take responsibility for ensuring that any vulnerabilities are fixed and disclosed properly for all 6.x modules and themes.

You'll be able to do this - start with core, and then work out what other modules the site needs (the system table will give you a clue) and add the code for those one by one.

dghavens’s picture

filename varchar(255) modules/system/system.module
name varchar(255) system
type varchar(255) module
owner varchar(255)
status int(11) 1
throttle tinyint(4) 0
bootstrap int(11) 0
schema_version smallint(6) 6055
weight int(11) 0
info text a:10:{s:4:"name";s:6:"System";s:11:"description";s:54:"Handles general site configuration for administrators.";s:7:"package";s:15:"Core - required";s:7:"version";s:4:"6.26";s:4:"core";s:3:"6.x";s:7:"project";s:6:"drupal";s:9:"datestamp";s:10:"1335977158";s:12:"dependencies";a:0:{}s:10:"dependents";a:0:{}s:3:"php";s:5:"4.3.5";}

dghavens’s picture

what would be my next step?

1) Create subdomain?

2) download drupal 6.31 onto the subdomain through FTP? [excuse my lack of correct terminology]

3) migrate database through shell or FTP?

4) configure database with new drupal download on new subdomain?

JamesOakley’s picture

1) Create subdomain: Yes

2) download drupal 6.31 onto the subdomain through FTP: Yes

3) migrate database through shell or FTP: Not quite. Create a new database in your Dreamhost account. Create a database user as well. Give that user full permissions for that database. Then use the phpMyAdmin tool Dreamhost give you, select your newly created database, and import the database dump that you have (as a .sql file, or as a .zip or .gz file).

4) configure database with new drupal download on new subdomain: Yes. More exactly, edit the sites/default/settings.php file. Find the database section, and put your new database credentials in there. Change the $update_free_access line from FALSE to TRUE

Then navigate to your subdomain in a browser, and run http://subdomain.example.com/update.php. With a bit of luck, it'll walk you through updating the database from 6.26 to 6.31.

dghavens’s picture

thanks,

I made the subdomain www.argue.americancriminallawreview.com

I downloaded drupal 6.31 onto the subdomain through filezilla.

I created a new database in my dream host account (with a user who has full-access). I have my old database that has the drupal files on there that I want to recover, it is 147 mb. I also have a backup from a dump on my desktop.

I am not at the 4th step. I really don't want to screw up the 3rd step. I can't import it through phpmyadmin, I was told. I need to transfer it with terminal on my mac? is that right?

JamesOakley’s picture

Have Dreamhost given you SSH (terminal) access?

If so, you can upload the database dump (.sql.gz) through Filezilla, then use your terminal access to restore it into your newly created database.

If not, the only reason you can't use phpMyAdmin -> Import would be the size of the database. I'd ask Dreamhost support team to restore the database dump into the database you've just created.

Even if you have got terminal access, my advice would be to ask them to do it for you.

dghavens’s picture

Yes, I have full terminal access.

I put in this code to terminal mysql -h mysql.americancriminallawreview.com -u amercrim
> -p***** americancriminallawreview < aclr_drupal.sql

I wasn't sure if it worked, so I reached out to dream host.

They replied:

Hello,

I see you've had some trouble importing the .sql file, though I do see a
large number of tables imported into your database. Your command looks
perfectly correct, so it should be able to import without any issues.

If you're still having trouble, let me know and I can go ahead and retry
the import myself to see what the problem may be. If you have any other
questions or concerns, feel free to respond back and I'd be glad to help
out.

Thanks!
Dan H

What would be the next step? It seems like the transfer worked in phpmyadmin, the new database is now the same size as the old.

JamesOakley’s picture

Next is to make sure the database: name, username, password in settings.php match those of your newly imported database and the user you created.

dghavens’s picture

these are the folders in the new database:
access Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
actions Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 11 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.8 KiB -
actions_aid Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
advanced_help_index Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 122 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 9.1 KiB -
antispam_counter Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 6 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.2 KiB -
antispam_moderator Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.0 KiB -
antispam_spam_marks Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.0 KiB -
authmap Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.0 KiB -
batch Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
blocks Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 193 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 24.5 KiB -
blocks_roles Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 18 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 5.4 KiB -
blogapi_files Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
boxes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 10 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 9.6 KiB -
cache Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 539.3 KiB -
cache_block Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
cache_content Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 294 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 365.7 KiB -
cache_filter Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 425 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.9 MiB -
cache_form Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
cache_menu Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2,814 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 15.1 MiB -
cache_page Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 761 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 5.0 MiB -
cache_rules Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 12.5 KiB -
cache_update Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.3 MiB -
cache_views Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 15 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 375.8 KiB -
cache_views_data Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
ckeditor_role Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.1 KiB -
ckeditor_settings Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 11.7 KiB -
comments Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 979 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.7 MiB -
contemplate Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 17.3 KiB -
contemplate_files Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.5 KiB -
content_field_ann_srvy_article_authors Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
content_field_archive_files Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 15 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.5 KiB -
content_field_article_authors Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 81 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.5 KiB -
content_field_hide_node_title Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 287 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 16.7 KiB -
content_field_journal_issues_symp_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 11 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.2 KiB -
content_field_journal_issue_art_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 36 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.6 KiB -
content_field_journal_issue_essay_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 8 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.1 KiB -
content_field_journal_issue_note_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 24 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.4 KiB -
content_field_survey_article_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
content_field_survey_essay_nodes Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
content_group Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 6 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 5.5 KiB -
content_group_fields Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 21 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 5.5 KiB -
content_node_field Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 52 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 21.7 KiB -
content_node_field_instance Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 55 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 46.7 KiB -
content_type_annual_survey_article Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
content_type_annual_survey_issue Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.1 KiB -
content_type_blog Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 217 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 14.0 KiB -
content_type_date Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
content_type_file_archive Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.2 KiB -
content_type_journal_article Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 79 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 21.8 KiB -
content_type_journal_issue Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 8 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.4 KiB -
content_type_masthead Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.1 KiB -
date_formats Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 35 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 10.0 KiB -
date_format_locale Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
date_format_types Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.1 KiB -
devel_queries Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
devel_times Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournalauthors Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournalshortly Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_articles Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_email_templates Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_issues Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_journals Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_log Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
ejournal_store Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 4 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.1 KiB -
feedback Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 26,169 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 26.6 MiB -
filefield_meta Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 47 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.9 KiB -
files Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 76 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 13.1 KiB -
filters Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 14 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.3 KiB -
filter_formats Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 4 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 9.1 KiB -
flexifield_items Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.0 KiB -
flood Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
history Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.1 KiB -
image Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 28 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.6 KiB -
image_attach Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
img_assist_map Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
menu_custom Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 10 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.8 KiB -
menu_links Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 945 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 290.0 KiB -
menu_router Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 777 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 390.4 KiB -
node Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 377 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 134.0 KiB -
node_access Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.0 KiB -
node_comment_statistics Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 377 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 28.4 KiB -
node_counter Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
node_privacy_byrole Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.1 KiB -
node_revisions Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 378 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.3 MiB -
node_type Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 14 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.5 KiB -
permission Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 7 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 18.1 KiB -
profile_fields Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 11.1 KiB -
profile_values Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 293,738 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 13.1 MiB -
role Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 7 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.2 KiB -
rules_rules Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 15.5 KiB -
rules_sets Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 8.2 KiB -
search_dataset Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 510 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.8 MiB -
search_index Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 110,282 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 6.3 MiB -
search_node_links Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 126 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 15.7 KiB -
search_total Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 18,217 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 776.9 KiB -
semaphore Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
sessions Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1,828 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 210.0 KiB -
system Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 161 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 135.4 KiB -
taxonomy_manager_merge Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
term_data Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 702 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 71.9 KiB -
term_hierarchy Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 702 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 26.2 KiB -
term_node Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1,134 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 61.4 KiB -
term_relation Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
term_synonym Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
trigger_assignments Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 4.0 KiB -
url_alias Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 147,980 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 15.7 MiB -
users Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 146,883 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 40.8 MiB -
users_roles Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 21 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.2 KiB -
variable Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 554 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 68.6 KiB -
views_display Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 24 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 84.2 KiB -
views_object_cache Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 6 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 41.2 KiB -
views_view Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 13 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.9 KiB -
vocabulary Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 9.2 KiB -
vocabulary_node_types Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 5 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 3.1 KiB -
watchdog Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 6,149 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.9 MiB -
webform Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.1 KiB -
webform_component Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 3 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.7 KiB -
webform_emails Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 1 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.3 KiB -
webform_last_download Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB -
webform_roles Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 2.0 KiB -
webform_submissions Browse Structure Search Insert Empty Drop 2 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 5.1 KiB -
webform_submitted_data

Dream host support said they couldn't find a settings folder. what should i do?

JamesOakley’s picture

Those are the tables in the database.

You're looking for folders in the file system, not tables in the database.

If you extracted the Drupal 6 files to {drupal_root}, you're looking for a folder named {drupal_root}/sites/default. Within that will be a file named settings.php. (Or, possibly, settings.php.default that is a template which just needs renaming to settings.php)

dghavens’s picture

I uploaded the new drupal 6 download to the subdomain.

I haven't done anything with the site files yet. Should I upload them all to the subdomain through filezilla?

I found the folder in the site files:

It is called default.settings.php:

<?php
// $Id: default.settings.php,v 1.8.2.4 2009/09/14 12:59:18 goba Exp $

/**
* @file
* Drupal site-specific configuration file.
* IMPORTANT NOTE:
* This file may have been set to read-only by the Drupal installation
* program. If you make changes to this file, be sure to protect it again
* after making your modifications. Failure to remove write permissions
* to this file is a security risk.
* The configuration file to be loaded is based upon the rules below.
* The configuration directory will be discovered by stripping the
* website's hostname from left to right and pathname from right to
* left. The first configuration file found will be used and any
* others will be ignored. If no other configuration file is found
* then the default configuration file at 'sites/default' will be used.
* For example, for a fictitious site installed at
* http://www.drupal.org/mysite/test/, the 'settings.php'
* is searched in the following directories:
* 1. sites/www.drupal.org.mysite.test
* 2. sites/drupal.org.mysite.test
* 3. sites/org.mysite.test
* 4. sites/www.drupal.org.mysite
* 5. sites/drupal.org.mysite
* 6. sites/org.mysite
* 7. sites/www.drupal.org
* 8. sites/drupal.org
* 9. sites/org
* 10. sites/default
* If you are installing on a non-standard port number, prefix the
* hostname with that number. For example,
* http://www.drupal.org:8080/mysite/test/ could be loaded from
* sites/8080.www.drupal.org.mysite.test/.
*/

/**
* Database settings:
* Note that the $db_url variable gets parsed using PHP's built-in
* URL parser (i.e. using the "parse_url()" function) so make sure
* not to confuse the parser. If your username, password
* or database name contain characters used to delineate
* $db_url parts, you can escape them via URI hex encodings:
* : = %3a / = %2f @ = %40
* + = %2b ( = %28 ) = %29
* ? = %3f = = %3d & = %26
* To specify multiple connections to be used in your site (i.e. for
* complex custom modules) you can also specify an associative array
* of $db_url variables with the 'default' element used until otherwise
* requested.
* You can optionally set prefixes for some or all database table names
* by using the $db_prefix setting. If a prefix is specified, the table
* name will be prepended with its value. Be sure to use valid database
* characters only, usually alphanumeric and underscore. If no prefixes
* are desired, leave it as an empty string ''.
* To have all database names prefixed, set $db_prefix as a string:
* $db_prefix = 'main_';
* To provide prefixes for specific tables, set $db_prefix as an array.
* The array's keys are the table names and the values are the prefixes.
* The 'default' element holds the prefix for any tables not specified
* elsewhere in the array. Example:
* $db_prefix = array(
* 'default' => 'main_',
* 'users' => 'shared_',
* 'sessions' => 'shared_',
* 'role' => 'shared_',
* 'authmap' => 'shared_',
* );
* Database URL format:
* $db_url = 'mysql://username:password@localhost/databasename';
* $db_url = 'mysqli://username:password@localhost/databasename';
* $db_url = 'pgsql://username:password@localhost/databasename';
*/
$db_url = 'mysql://username:password@localhost/databasename';
$db_prefix = '';

/**
* Access control for update.php script
* If you are updating your Drupal installation using the update.php script
* being not logged in as administrator, you will need to modify the access
* check statement below. Change the FALSE to a TRUE to disable the access
* check. After finishing the upgrade, be sure to open this file again
* and change the TRUE back to a FALSE!
*/
$update_free_access = FALSE;

/**
* Base URL (optional).
* If you are experiencing issues with different site domains,
* uncomment the Base URL statement below (remove the leading hash sign)
* and fill in the absolute URL to your Drupal installation.
* You might also want to force users to use a given domain.
* See the .htaccess file for more information.
* Examples:
* $base_url = 'http://www.example.com';
* $base_url = 'http://www.example.com:8888';
* $base_url = 'http://www.example.com/drupal';
* $base_url = 'https://www.example.com:8888/drupal';
* It is not allowed to have a trailing slash; Drupal will add it
* for you.
*/
# $base_url = 'http://www.example.com'; // NO trailing slash!

/**
* PHP settings:
* To see what PHP settings are possible, including whether they can
* be set at runtime (ie., when ini_set() occurs), read the PHP
* documentation at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list
* and take a look at the .htaccess file to see which non-runtime
* settings are used there. Settings defined here should not be
* duplicated there so as to avoid conflict issues.
*/
ini_set('arg_separator.output', '&');
ini_set('magic_quotes_runtime', 0);
ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', 0);
ini_set('session.cache_expire', 200000);
ini_set('session.cache_limiter', 'none');
ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 2000000);
ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 200000);
ini_set('session.save_handler', 'user');
ini_set('session.use_cookies', 1);
ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', 1);
ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 0);
ini_set('url_rewriter.tags', '');

/**
* If you encounter a situation where users post a large amount of text, and
* the result is stripped out upon viewing but can still be edited, Drupal's
* output filter may not have sufficient memory to process it. If you
* experience this issue, you may wish to uncomment the following two lines
* and increase the limits of these variables. For more information, see
* http://php.net/manual/en/pcre.configuration.php.
*/
# ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit', 200000);
# ini_set('pcre.recursion_limit', 200000);

/**
* Drupal automatically generates a unique session cookie name for each site
* based on on its full domain name. If you have multiple domains pointing at
* the same Drupal site, you can either redirect them all to a single domain
* (see comment in .htaccess), or uncomment the line below and specify their
* shared base domain. Doing so assures that users remain logged in as they
* cross between your various domains.
*/
# $cookie_domain = 'example.com';

/**
* Variable overrides:
* To override specific entries in the 'variable' table for this site,
* set them here. You usually don't need to use this feature. This is
* useful in a configuration file for a vhost or directory, rather than
* the default settings.php. Any configuration setting from the 'variable'
* table can be given a new value. Note that any values you provide in
* these variable overrides will not be modifiable from the Drupal
* administration interface.
* Remove the leading hash signs to enable.
*/
# $conf = array(
# 'site_name' => 'My Drupal site',
# 'theme_default' => 'minnelli',
# 'anonymous' => 'Visitor',
/**
* A custom theme can be set for the off-line page. This applies when the site
* is explicitly set to off-line mode through the administration page or when
* the database is inactive due to an error. It can be set through the
* 'maintenance_theme' key. The template file should also be copied into the
* theme. It is located inside 'modules/system/maintenance-page.tpl.php'.
* Note: This setting does not apply to installation and update pages.
*/
# 'maintenance_theme' => 'minnelli',
/**
* reverse_proxy accepts a boolean value.
* Enable this setting to determine the correct IP address of the remote
* client by examining information stored in the X-Forwarded-For headers.
* X-Forwarded-For headers are a standard mechanism for identifying client
* systems connecting through a reverse proxy server, such as Squid or
* Pound. Reverse proxy servers are often used to enhance the performance
* of heavily visited sites and may also provide other site caching,
* security or encryption benefits. If this Drupal installation operates
* behind a reverse proxy, this setting should be enabled so that correct
* IP address information is captured in Drupal's session management,
* logging, statistics and access management systems; if you are unsure
* about this setting, do not have a reverse proxy, or Drupal operates in
* a shared hosting environment, this setting should be set to disabled.
*/
# 'reverse_proxy' => TRUE,
/**
* reverse_proxy accepts an array of IP addresses.
* Each element of this array is the IP address of any of your reverse
* proxies. Filling this array Drupal will trust the information stored
* in the X-Forwarded-For headers only if Remote IP address is one of
* these, that is the request reaches the web server from one of your
* reverse proxies. Otherwise, the client could directly connect to
* your web server spoofing the X-Forwarded-For headers.
*/
# 'reverse_proxy_addresses' => array('a.b.c.d', ...),
# );

/**
* String overrides:
* To override specific strings on your site with or without enabling locale
* module, add an entry to this list. This functionality allows you to change
* a small number of your site's default English language interface strings.
* Remove the leading hash signs to enable.
*/
# $conf['locale_custom_strings_en'] = array(
# 'forum' => 'Discussion board',
# '@count min' => '@count minutes',
# );