Hello everybody.

I'm trying to move my old website (pure html code) to Drupal.

My website, online since 2003 has more than 8000 pages indexed by google and, even though its page rank is just 4 we receive a lot of traffic from Google and MSN, another point worth to mention is that our website ranks in the first page on google, msn, etc with more than 50 keywords a many of those highly competitive.

Well, here is what I've done so far.

1. installed drupal 5.1 on a subdirectory
2. I found that the best way to move my fixed pages was using stories, I'm not sure, but apparently it works just fine.
3. Since my website uses six languages I started moving the main pages to English in order to develop a structure and to create menus, primary links, etc
4. After the main language was moved to Drupal I started to create the content in the other five languages, so I installed, the following modules: localizer, meta tags, nodewords, path auto.

At this point I want to state that one of the main problems is that I used the language as part of the page names (i.e: indexeng.htm- Main page in English, indexesp.htm- main page in Spanish, indexita.htm- main page in Italian... etc) all of them are in the same directory (root). I did the same with almost every page on my website, I know now that it is not very clever, I should have used subdirectories or subdomains, but it's a little too late so in order to keep the good performance of my website I need to recreate the same structure or at least with few modifications and start slowly to something better.

Well, I'm using URL Aliases along with clean URLs, so far it looks very well: navigation is adequate, switching between languages works fine.

Finally, My main question and the reason to bother you with this long and boring topic.

To avoid mistakes I've been checking the code using html validators and meta tags analizers

When it comes to check the main site (the English part) both utilities show no errors. However, when I try to check, lets say a page in Spanish (i.e downloadesp.htm) both show a 302 error message, "page can't be loaded"

I will appreciate your help with this issue,