Hello,

I'm a Drupal newbie and building at the moment my first drupal driven site.
Unfortunately I need some help :-)
So my problem is the following:

• I have a site with many sections and many editors
  • Editors should be able to edit only sites from their section
    (I figured out that I can achieve that with the Nodeaccess module)
  • The menu should have a depth of 2, i.e. there should be a list of all the sections and for every section a submenu.
  • There should be sites that are not listed in the menu

So the questions I have now are:

• How can I add on every page the name of the section to which the page belongs?
    I want to avoid to create different page types or something similar for every section since they all look the same.
  • How can I implement a breadcrumb? One that also works with pages that are not in the menu?
  • How can I put some common content on all sites of one section? For example contact details which are different for each section?

Since I'm not sure if what I wrote is understandable I made a sketch and uploaded it to http://www.noa-shopping.com/tmp/drupal_structure.gif so I hope you will understand what I need.

Thank you very much
Markus

Comments

inforeto’s picture

For something simple use custom blocks.

For grouping, there's many modules that can help you.
These modules can help build sections: taxonomy, category, views, organic groups.
These modules help change themes: taxonomy_theme, sections.
Each has its own features and quirks, so you must test them first.

For breadcrumbs try the custom breadcrumbs module.

lanthaler’s picture

Thank you. I got most working.. I use the category module with pathauto.
The point that until now I wasn't able to solve is the "section header" on each page withing a specific section (the big Section B in the top-right corner in the sketch).

I don't want to use a hack and use different templates or blocks.. Is it somehow possibile to get the category of a page? It's always the last item in the breadcrumb - so it is possible to access that information somehow (safely)?

Again, thank you very much for your hints

inforeto’s picture

If your category.module is working properly you can query the taxonomy terms to get and print the term name that correspond to the category.
This can be done easily in views, and views can be embedded anywhere you want.

You can print the resulting category name directly in the content with a php snippet.
These aren't hacks tough, plenty of drupal power lies in the API functions that you can use anywhere you can use php.
Blocks are also a good placeholder for snippets, because you don't need to edit the pages directly.