Drupal 4.7.4
CVS ver of phpBB2Drupal (as recomended by readme)

My drupal and phpBB setups are on different data bases, and when I changed that, putting in the information for it and hit save, it gave me the following error msg.

Unable to connect to database server
warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '[...]_phpb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in [...]/commune/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 52.

This either means that the username and password information in your settings.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the MySQL database server. This could mean your hosting provider's database server is down.

The MySQL error was: .

Currently, the username is [...]_phpb1 and the database server is localhost.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

For more help, see the Installation and upgrading handbook. If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your hosting provider.

Stuff removed for my privacy.

Now I cannot get back to the "Configure the migration" page. The error page won't let me through. No, I don't get the error anywhere else. The Drupal install is clean and fresh.

I was exceedingly laze and let cPanel install both phpBB and Drupal.

Comments

LLT’s picture

And thank you for your time. =)

eljustino’s picture

The database settings are stored in the config.php file in your phpbb directory. For instance, in my case, in drupal/forum/config.php. You can easily setup the database name, username, password, etc., by editing that file.

Personal: justinstanley.net

eljustino’s picture

Sorry, posted before I realized you were talking about the Drupal side. That config file is in /sites/default/settings.php. Around line 87ish. Whenever I get that error, it's usually because my password used some character that needs to be escaped out using the URI hex codes refered to around line 40 or so. For instance, if the password for the database user is "ex@mple" I'd type in "ex%40mple" instead.

Also seen people forget to give the user they want to use the proper permissions on the new database.

Sorry if this seems condescending in any way. Just want to make sure those settings are all kosher first.

Personal: justinstanley.net

LLT’s picture

Oh, I understand. You have to start at the base line and assume everyone is new at this because so many are.

I don't think it's the settings file because the rest of the drupal site connects correctly. I have it so both "users" for drupal and phpbb have all permissions for both databases. I wonder if I mistyped the path to the bb database? But I cannot get in to fix it. I'm going to poke around in the "includes" folder and see if there's anything odd there.

emackn’s picture

This might help you.

http://drupal.org/node/74202

Its not exactly your problem but might help you along the way.

LLT’s picture

I reinstalled drupal and went from there. I think it must have been a typo along the lines somewhere on my part. Thank you!