I'm building a site that uses Views and Paths (plus others).

Approximately 5% of the time that a link is clicked, the path reverts to the standard format (node/xxxx) or the particular view that is supposed to display, doesn't.

Whatever the problem is (and I've not encountered it on 3 other development sites) - it could also be why Drupal occasionally forgets that I'm logged in and won't let me do Admin stuff until I click 'back' and hit the link again. This site's due to go live in a few days and I'm getting a little twitchy!

Has anyone any ideas what's going on? I'm running 4.7.4.

Many thanks

Ian

Comments

VM’s picture

4.7.5 fixes a few bugs , just for the record. They may / may not be related to your problem. Taking a look to see if any patches were applied to the path.module may prove fruitful.

cinquetooty’s picture

Hi - thanks for picking this up...

The Paths module ---- where I've set a page to use 'america' as the path name - i.e. www.travelsite.co.uk/america (bogus URL don't bother going there) - sometimes the page loads - but with www.travelsite/node/55 as the URL. Not too much of a problem, but it breaks all the graphics in my custom template (which I can fix using a base href - but shouldn't have to).

The View that won't display actually is relying on the Insert View module to include some text and a picture - most of the time it works, and then it doesn't.

I'm sure these two are related in some way - and I've got time to update to 4.7.5 so maybe that'll do it.

Ian