Sorry, looks like I need help again. Last time I posted, I managed (with help) to get through this, only to find out my version of MySQL didn't support the "GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES" privilege. So I decided it was time to upgrade everything. This time, I'm on CentOS 4.x, using PHP5.04-5, MySQL 5.0.22, and Apache 2.0.52-28.

Since I'm migrating FROM a PostgreSQL database, I've patched the includes/database*.inc files, and patched the phpbb2drupal.module to allow multiple connection types as recommended.

Here's the problem: On the "Configure" page for phpbb2drupal, it won't let me migrate because it says:

* Table phpbb_categories does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_forums does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_posts does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_posts_text does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_topics does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_users does not exist!

Some tables couldn't be found. Please correct the errors so that the phpBB2 tables can be accessed.

and

* Table phpbb_privmsgs does not exist!
    * Table phpbb_privmsgs_text does not exist!

Couldn't find the phpBB privatemsg tables.

Yet there should be a flood of errors at the top--but there are none there, or in the logs. I can't find anything to correct. All the tables listed above do indeed exist. Did I miss a patch?

Thanks.
Jack

Comments

jamonation’s picture

I recently converted 2 phpbb forums using this excellent module/script. I ran into the same problem where the tables were said not to exist. I'm not sure how you've set things up, but the only suggestion I can make (that worked for me) was to import the tables into the drupal database, whereas there were stored in their own on the same host.

Does this help or have you already made it that far and think it is a postgreSQL specific issue?

JoeIsuzu’s picture

I'm trying to use MySQL for the new Drupal installation, but the old phpBB is on PostgreSQL. Do you know of a way to "import the tables into the Drupal database"? I thought that's what I was using phpbb2drupal for. I'm guessing you were going MySQL-->MySQL or PostgreSQL-->PostgreSQL.

Jack

jamonation’s picture

Actually, the module takes phpbb tables that are on the drupal database and copies their content into the proper forums and nodes tables.

What you want is some way of either running the whole thing on postgresql, that is drupal and phpbb together. Better yet, find a conversion script for postgreSQL to MySQL that runs on your phpbb forum(s) first.

Once your forum is converted to MySQL, then you can easily export the tables and import them into your drupal MySQL database, allowing you to then run the script. Once done running the script you can delete the phpbb_ tables from your MySQL drupal database and you should be good to go.

JoeIsuzu’s picture

I noticed that the PostgreSQL tables were owned by "postgres" so I altered them so that the owner was the same as the user specified in the phpbb2drupal config. Bingo.

So, on to the next problem.

Jack

craigoneil’s picture

i have installed the modula but im getting this when i log in Could not open phpBB2/config.php for inclusion

can anyone help please