Hi all,

Looks I've been running around in circles. I try to accomplish the following:

1. A Drupal install
  2. Using Organic Groups I allow users to form their own groups
  3. Within these groups we have defined roles (cf. manager, communication manager, member)

What I would like is that:
I need an 'election' extension, for I would like the users to 'elect' their managers, communication managers... Ideally using 'rules' the members define (e.g. simple majority for manager elections, special majority for member removal of 3/4, special majority of 4/5 for change of 'rules'...).
In other words a democratic software for both (online) discussions as elections.

Why Drupal?
I would like something Drupal-based or third party integrated in D8, for it will pair with a second install using the roles and members of the elections install.

Confused because it's unclear of what solution would be best?
Some modules exist for D7 such as

1. elections
  2. : but looks like a D7, not going into D8

3. poll
  4. : looks far too simple for more complex tasks

5. advanced poll
  6. : looks good, but seems to be deprecated over poll, and potentially not complex enough

7. rules
  8. : go for old friend rules and built it myself

Or drop it all and move over to dedicated soft...
Such as DemocracyOS, or LuiquidFeedback... and others.
I haven't used any of these, can't judge the user base, the dev security... and therefore would initially prefer a Drupal solution for that seems to be more stable as such.

So anyone having experience or ideas about my issue, for I seem to be running in circles.

Comments

couturier’s picture

Honestly, I wouldn't sink time into a new Drupal 7 development. It sounds like you might be better going with some dedicated software since what you want to do is fairly complicated, and I'm not familiar with the Drupal 8 modules available for this. Certainly in Drupal 8 the modules you need are probably not stable yet, so you would need to be open to doing or hiring your own programming if you choose Drupal. Drupal 7 won't be supported after the release of Drupal 9, which is years away yet, but Drupal 8 has so many new, important features that it makes sense to try to do new development in Drupal 8.