I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I currently have a site with Drupal 6 and phpBB 3.0.x integrated, but I'd like to be able to run Drupal 8 and integrate with phpBB 3.1.x.

The plugin I've been using is phpBB2Drupal, and it looks like it may work with Drupal 7, but how much longer is Drupal 7 going to be supported? Will there be an update to work with Drupal 8?

Are there any other plans for integration, or suggestions?

My phpBB database has over 30K users, and the database itself is hundreds of MBs, and the GBs of attachments obviously makes migration to other platforms a limited option.

To make things more complicated, the site is also integrated with Menalto Gallery for user albums.

Comments

slewazimuth’s picture

Drupal 7 will be supported until Drupal 9 comes out which is likely not to happen for a few years. Drupal 6 ceased being officially supported last week. Drupal 8 has been under development since back in 2012. It was officially released Nov 19, 2015. The phpforum development module for Drupal 7 last had any work posted for it Oct 01, 2013 which is over two years ago. If its important that you have phpbb3.1 integration in Drupal 8, since its open source, have a group of Drupal 8 developers make it for you or create it yourself.