I am new to Drupal & it has been recommended to me for making a travel website.
Now this website which I am about to make has multiple booking engines, plus I need to create a custom booking engine & integrate it with payment gateway.
Also there are suppliers, agents & affliates management to be taken care of with Google Map integration, invoicing & vouchers & custom reporting tools.

I need to understand how can I go about with it in Drupal?
Please advice.

Thanks

Comments

WorldFallz’s picture

The first thing you'll want to do is decide on the ecommerce part of the solution (as that will drive a lot of the other functionality). With d7 it's pretty much a choice between ubercart and commerce. Ubercart tends to be the more mature solution with more module module availability, while commerce is imo the more flexible and powerful long term winner though is still lagging in some critical functionality (ie affiliate functionality)-- ymmv.

aals’s picture

does ubercart have a basket functionality?
like say for instance if a customer wants to buy a whole lot of services together like hotel, car hire & insurance then customer will add all those to basket at once and proceed to pay
& ubercart can support all the following: affiliates, suppliers & agents? with each having different permissions & set of services.

WorldFallz’s picture

They both have basket "shopping cart" functionality. The rest you'll have to investigate yourself (it's been a while since I've used ubercart).

aals’s picture

not a problem i will work on it then
thanks so much :)

webeestudio’s picture

Check here for a drupal website EasyTravel.md. It is done without commerce solution but it can be integrated.
Main ideas are how data willbe strcutured, what content types site will have....and so on..

shyamsukhamit’s picture

Nice plan :)
how do you implement the booking engine, and what is booking engine ?

Thanks for your help