Which is better of all the CMS software.

Comments

Anonymous’s picture

It depends on what project you want to implement. Most likely any of the three will be able to do it for you, and since you ask the question in a Drupal forum, then you would expect a slight bias towards Drupal.

If you want a more specific answer, then you need to be more specific too

website design’s picture

Personally I prefer:

Wordpress for straight up blogs
Joomla for community based sites
Drupal for more advanced coding requirements that scale better
Magento for ecommerce

WorldFallz’s picture

google it-- it's been discussed ad infinitum. It boils down to using the proper tool for the particular job.

cainchild’s picture

Drupal, joomla and Wp arent 'all' the CMS software. There are actually hundreds of them, although based on the community, features and general organization, Id say Concrete 5 and Drupal are about the best. Word Press is off again on again in terms of how useful the community is to each other, and in the week i've been silently trolling, there tends to be this tendency toward not straying to far off the path of what already exists. I don't see it blossoming in terms of versatility the way I think drupal someday will/has.

cloud strife’s picture

If i intend to make store site with good looking blog, which is the best from drupal/wordpress/joomla ???

Since i use joomla and feel difficult to handle, i decide migrate to wordpress

sovarn’s picture

For a pure blog, wordpress is the best.

technically wordpress isnt really a cms anyway.

Fannon’s picture

I've used a lot of Joomla, a bit of Wordpress and now of course Drupal.

There are a lot of reviews and it is very difficult to get to a decision by just them.
At best install all 3 of them on a local Testserver and give each some time.

Wordpress is very easy and i love the UI / usability. Beats Joomla and Drupal very easily in that aspect.
Drupal is very complex and it takes time and effort to learn this system. Just try'n'error doesnt work very good here. But it is the most powerful system of all 3 of them
Joomla is a compromise between Wordpress and Drupal. It is not too difficult, but not as powerful (and elegant) as Drupal.

My own Decision was: If there are simple Sites i would prefer Wordpress. If it goes deeper, i would (and have to) choose Drupal.
I don't like Joomla much now because Wordpress and Drupal are better in their strenghts. Joomla isn't very smart. But it's got a big community and is widely spread.

I hope this helps you a bit. If you've got specific Questions, you can ask them.

Greetings,
Simon

sovarn’s picture

For a simple website, wordpress is probably the quickest and easiest since you can set static pages. So for a 3 - 5 info site is it probably the best.

but for a more complex dynamic site drupal is better. This is because you can take advantage of views, taxonomy and the menu system.

juan_g’s picture

If you want easy, get WordPress. If you want powerful, get Drupal. Joomla is in a middle point.

Jackking1981’s picture

Hi,

after starting with joomla (very powerfull for me), trying with wordpress (very easy but not really the perfect thing for static websites), I´ll give drupal a try now :)

Joomla is really good but it took me 6 months to really understand how the most things work (but also I was a completely noob, not even knowed what html was). But then it´s really worth... But the blog component is missing badly, also there is no built in comment system.

Wordpress is really simple. Perfect for blogging! But there are no modules, so you can´t configure every site individual...

Now I´m excited to check drupal with a new project, that I wan´t to start soon.

jmair’s picture

What can you write better music on, a guitar, piano or violin? I depends on the musician, not the instrument.

RogerF’s picture

You may be interested to read a recent report I came across about this ... http://icmyhotel.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/recommendations-open-source-cms/ It seems to agree with some of the shorter conclusions below and also justifies it all quite clearly.