Bizzydoo.com is the most convenient & trusted way to find local things to do with kids. It was created using Drupal 7 and the Bootstrap theme. It's currently being hosted with Pantheon. I would love any feedback, suggestions, or ideas for improvement. Thanks!

Comments

WorldFallz’s picture

excellent-- well done. I had a little trouble with the lack of contrast in the activity filters, but otherwise love it. How were the activity filters done btw?

mamanerd’s picture

Thanks so much for the feedback! I agree about the lack of contrast in the activity filters. I will fix that shortly!

As far as how I did it... everything from the "Search for activities within..." through the "Find Activities" button is a Views Exposed Form. For the filters underneath, I made a block to generate all of them. Each filter link goes to a Views page and then I did some modifications in hook_views_query_alter() based on the filters.

WorldFallz’s picture

cool... thanks for posting back.

ccgearig’s picture

Overall, this website is great! It's very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use and useful. You use exposed filters very well when filtering events by different categories, too. On activity pages, you make good use of an events calendar and of several different nodes to display information about the content. I would consider making the photo gallery node optional depending on if the event has any useful photos, though.

I would make it more clear that the activities shown are mostly congregated around a single area of the country. Also, it's kind of annoying to filter results by activity theme, type, age, etc because the page has to refresh each time one selects a new filter. Maybe consider looking at options to either use fewer filters, or make this a bit faster if possible. The social media icons in the individual descriptions of activities aren't integrated well into the design.

mamanerd’s picture

Thank you so much for the feedback, ccgearig! I will definitely take all of your suggestions into consideration. Really appreciate it!