Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this forum is the right place to make  an announcement about new module, but let me try, since I am already typing here ;)

There are number of modules which try to output search results restricting per content types, but they all deal with already generated search index, which sometimes can grow really large. 

Please find a light utility module Search Index Options that takes over the core search module's work at very early stage to index only those content types which is specifically chosen by Drupal site admin. 

Everybody might want to have Search Index module enabled regardless if they restrict or not any content from indexing, because unlike the core search module it also provides the detailed and useful search index statistics per content type as shown on the second screenshot on https://www.drupal.org/project/search_index.

Thanks for your attention!

Comments

Jaypan’s picture

I've announced modules here myself.

Nice idea for a module. I'll likely use it at some time... if you make a D8 version :) I am not creating new sites on D7 anymore.

AltaGrade’s picture

Thanks Jay! We will try to roll out D8 version some time soon.

AltaGrade’s picture

BTW, Jay, any chance you want to get it working for D8 and become a co-maintainer?

Jaypan’s picture

Unfortunately I’m way behind on the issue queues for my own modules, so it would be irresponsible for me to take on another one at the moment. If I can free up some time in the future I’ll get back to you on that. 

AltaGrade’s picture

Understood. Thanks for the update!

SEINEN’s picture

Godaddy has canceled access to my database since it has more than 1 Million lines. 

Looking on to My Squl, "Search Index" has more than 700k lines. Does your module solve the problem?

AltaGrade’s picture

It will definitely help your case if you limit content types. Why don't you just give it a try on your dev environment first to see the difference?!

AltaGrade’s picture

This is just to update that after one year of production use, the module matured to incorporate number of significant improvements as, for example, opting in for or out from search indexing on node level. 

jeromewiley’s picture

Altagrade,

Thanks for this tremendous contribution to the Drupal community. Do you know if there is any update on a possible D8 version of this module? Or perhaps an existing D8 module that would allow excluding entire content types from being indexed?

Thanks!

AltaGrade’s picture