Hey folk; I released a sandbox project I call _social a few weeks ago and I'd like to take it to full project status but I felt I should let people try it out first.

https://www.drupal.org/sandbox/mcdoolz/2840456

It is a social network links module for making linking to social networking pages super easy and client sustainable.

It's not that social network pages change frequently, but it beats having to go through the typical rigmarole to set up a set of links that you can easily add to or take away from. Instead of setting up a block with HTML, or a menu system with code hacks to allow HTML icons, install this module and if you need more than one (header AND footer) you can use block clone. I'll have to adjust the code to afford that possibility.

These links are stored in a system variable, and are the easiest method of providing a block with font awesome links (font awesome is not included and there's no libraries check for the library).

I'm always open to criticism and welcome any input from the community regarding my work. Please feel free to use the issue queue.

Thanks for taking a look :)

Comments

mcdoolz’s picture

That's easy; mine is even simpler.

The one that comes closest is social buttons for providing a space to fill in with html. I like that approach, but that's not what I'm trying to address with this module.

You don't specify anything with this module. You paste in a url and the code just matches an icon to the social network name.

This doesn't do like buttons, or follow buttons, it's just for linking to stuff using the icon library in question, and it 'supports' everything that FontAwesome has an icon for.

All that's needed is the CSS for styling your links, and the FontAwesome library.

-
Be the occasion.