Hi , please, I need your input. I work for a small company (canadaprimemarketing.com) that has little resources and they have a website developed for them by Drupal.

I know that Drupal has a strong reputation, but I'm worried about my WordPress experience. As well as making tweaks / changes to the website, I 'm concerned about the SEO side (how simple it is to incorporate and deal with the technical side).

You can share your thoughts or suggestions. My concern is that the SEO side could be a pain and any time we need a minor change that I could normally handle myself before, we'll need a developer. I know it's safer for defense, but what else is on the pro side?

Comments

VM’s picture

There are already a significant number of these types of posts on drupal.org that can be reviewed. Essentially you're asking the prototypical Wordpress vs Drupal , Drupal vs Wordpress question. The most non-biased one v other comparison I've found is @ https://pantheon.io/wordpress-vs-drupal . Ultimately, the answer to the question is highly dependent on what the full plan (project details) is for the site in question.

My concern is that the SEO side could be a pain and any time we need a minor change that I could normally handle myself before, we'll need a developer

That statement is ambiguous. What makes you think you'd need a developer? Drupal ships with high SEO capabilities built in and it can be expanded on via modules in contrib such as metatags etc. What 'minor' changes are you talking about?

GabrielLuke’s picture

Thanks @VM for your valuable feedback and I am very sorry about to ask a question that is already asked. I am new to this community and will be very careful in future.

ressa’s picture

Like VM writes, Drupal ships with high SEO capabilities, so no worries there. However, I noticed that the word "update" isn't to be found on the Wordpress vs. Drupal comparison page: https://pantheon.io/wordpress-vs-drupal

Having automatic update is probably a major deciding factor for many small and medium web sites projects, since the budget doesn't allow hiring a specialized security expert permanently. Wordpress has automatic updates, Drupal 8/9 doesn't yet. The Automatic Updates project is making progress, so let's hope it gets ready soon.

VM’s picture

editing your post to add a link to a site looks like spam. As such the post has been reported for removal and your account has been reported for blocking.